The AXA Group, world leader in Financial Protection, supports and advises its individual and corporate customers at every life stage, providing them with the products and services that meet their insurance, personal protection, savings and wealth management needs.
Our areas of expertise are reflected in a range of products and services adapted to the needs of each client in three major business lines: property-casualty insurance, life & savings, and asset management.
Present in 64 countries, the 166,000 employees and distributors of AXA are committed to serving 103 million clients.
AXA chose to gather its central functions within an economic interest grouping (GIE).
The GIE AXA main missions are to:
- Steer the entities in order to ensure the coherence of the strategies, the consistency of the commercial approaches as well as the optimization of the risks and results;
- Defining and coordinating Group policies, different transversal projects and standards, identifying and sharing best practices;
- Supporting the entities in order to help them to grow, to develop their offer, their management and steering standards as well as their risk management.
The AXA Group’s head office, based in the 8th arrondissement in Paris, accounts for around 804 employees. With 39 nationalities among its staff, a distinguishing trait of the head office is its strong international atmosphere.
The AXA Group Risk Management brings together high level and multidisciplinary staff with engineers, actuaries and financials split between Paris, Zurich and Madrid.
Its mains missions are focused on the following key areas:
- Analyze, model and aggregate the Group’s risks (economic capital and emergence of economic value),
- Define the process enabling to limit the undertaken risks (assets accumulation, longevity, natural catastrophe...)
- Optimize the Group’s protection (reinsurance, securitization, etc.).
As part of the new Solvency II regulation, AXA has developed its own internal model for the calculation of the economic capital. The GRM Life team is responsible for the developments linked to the Life risks (Mortality, Longevity, Lapse, etc.) and works continuously on the model’s improvements and on the quantification of these risks.
The Life Internal Model team’s missions consist in coordinating and analyzing the AXA Group Solvency II Internal Model for Life Risks.
The team directly reports to the Group Life CRO.
Understand the Life Internal Model and the tools developed
Analyze at Group level and by entity the risk and business changes and their impact on the solvency ratio
Explain the life model to the management, entities; auditors and supervisors
Be proactive to improve Internal Model accuracy
Coordinate the network between entities and also within GRM Life team on the Life Internal Model topics
Make the connection between the entities and the group to meet the schedule and project deliverables, to better understand their business and modelling issues
Communicate with GRM Life team on issues concerning the risks to which they are experts
Enhance the Internal Model use test
Technical and professional skills:
- Technical and analysis skills on life risks
- Process / project management abilities
- Communication skills and negotiation abilities
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Knowledge of SII framework
Soft skills and competencies:
- Ability to work with a team in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work in project mode
- Ability to communicate with various stakeholders (Life CROs, actuarial experts, internal/external auditors, regulators)
- Demonstrate accuracy, quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Be organized, autonomous, have a sense of responsibilities
- Be innovative and flexible, show ability to listen and pragmatism
Background and experience:
Major in statistics, actuarial sciences, finance, Master (BAC+5), university or “Ecole” (ENSAE, ISFA, ISUP, EURIA…)
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 165,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 107 million customers.
The headquarters of the AXA Group, based in Paris 8th, brings together the Group's corporate activities. It coordinates the various entities with the Group's strategy, and is responsible for managing international projects. The headquarters has approximately 800 employees and is distinguished by its strong international culture (39 nationalities).
We provide you regular career opportunities in international teams. If you want to join us, don’t hesitate to apply !
Information provided by applicants will be processed in strict confidentiality and may be used exclusively for recruitment processes.