The Manager – Policy Forms Development and Product Compliance at AXA is a key position in the Product area of the Employee Benefits (EB) division, reporting directly to Director of EB Policy Forms Filing and Compliance. The person in this role supports the drafting of AXA's newly-launched Employee Benefits array of products including group life insurance, dental and vision, short-term and long-term disability, gap medical and hospital indemnity, and critical illness. The primary goal of this position is to advance the AXA's leading competitive position related to policy language and benefit offering, and drive regulatory compliance by researching state laws for all markets; employer groups, discretionary groups, unions, trusts and associations applicable for Distribution initiatives.
Product Forms and Policy Language
• Draft policy language for new and existing products - ongoing evolution of our existing forms and policy language.
• Research competitor product offerings for potential inclusion AXA's product suite.
• Evaluate existing policy language; develop and implement enhancements.
• Prepare product filing of policy, certificate, amendments and related forms.
• Draft Responses to state regulator's comments to secure filing approval as necessary.
• Develop business rules for the Information Technology team; provide system specifications applicable to new and revised forms and support implementation.
• Responsible for compliance with regulatory requirements impacting the product filing and approval of individual and group policies and/or certificates for all Employee Benefits products.
• Responsible for network adequacy filings (Dental and Vision).
• Perform statutory analysis of new legislation/statue in effort to determine any impact to the Employee Benefit Products.
• Contribute to the development of products added to the EB product suite particularly related to relevant policy language and forms.
• Attends internal calls with the Distribution team if required base on case complexity analysis.
• Research and develop products for other markets; Associations, Trusts, Labor Union, etc.
• Respond to inquiries from Quality Assurance and Operations.
• Bachelors degree required
• 2 to 5 years experience drafting policy language
• 3 to 5 years previous product development experience, preferably within employee benefits, group life and supplemental health products.
• Phenomenal writing and verbal communication is a must.
• Excellent legal research skills.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
• Experience using SERFF, I-File, and NILS-Insource.
Preferred Credentials and Skills
• Project Management
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize competing objectives
• Ability to be persuasive and motivate others
• Sound judgment
• Critical thinker
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.