- Reporting to the head of External Communications and Event Planning, this role is responsible for building and executing corporate and financial communications for AXA Equitable Holdings, Inc.
- In partnership with the Investor Relations and Legal teams, establish a strategic approach for delivering the company’s financial information to the press and other external influencers.
- Develop external communications plans for all corporate and financial announcements and events, such as regular quarterly earnings, investor and analyst days, annual proxy shareholder meetings and related corporate transactions.
- Distill complex financial information for external influencers; create press releases and other related materials such as messaging documents and thought leadership to help tell the company’s story in the market.
- Build external communications plans to help tell the company’s broader narrative in the market including PR and influencer campaigns.
- Build and foster relationships with business and financial journalists and editors; serve as a trusted resource for members of the news media.
- Proactively manage communications regarding matters which could impact the firm’s reputation.
- Serve as a liaison between the External Communications team and counterparts in government relations to stay abreast of regulatory changes that may impact the company; develop communications plans to help meet desired objectives.
- Stay abreast of industry trends including related PR programs for peer companies.
- Create executive PR programs for senior leaders, as needed, including the firm’s management committee.
- Build and manage a best-in-class Corporate Rankings Program by taking an inventory of the current state of inclusion in corporate rankings, awards and lists and identify additional target lists/rankings.
Qualified candidates will bring:
10+ years of experience in PR and/or external communications within the financial services industry
Public company experience
Reputation management expertise
Proven experience building and leading teams including PR agency teams
Multifaceted professional who is equally at ease building strategic plans as well as implementing tactical programs
Collaborative and inclusive individual who has experience successfully building PR programs from the ground up
Demonstrated business acumen, including:
insurance, financial services and wealth management knowledge
an understanding of current trends and the how they can impact the business
knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements
Significant and successful media relations skills
Strong leadership, influencing, consultative and relationship management skills
Proven experience working with and providing counsel for senior management
Bachelor’s degree in related field
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer AXA is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. AXA US has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave AXA. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws. #LI-AXA1
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.