- Lead the team for product rating analyses, monitoring loss ratios by line of business/product, budgeting and technical and commercial pricing reviews across all P&C lines of business
- Apply actuarial judgement in interpreting and communicating results from actuarial pricing, and being able to capture them in reports that documents observed trends in claims experience, forward-looking pricing methods, projections in financial results
- Ensure clear communication with project management, IT & systems, product development, business development, operations, claims, finance and actuarial reserving, on projects that involve (re)pricing to ensure business objectives are met, and implementation is as agreed
- Monitoring the performance of key lines of business to ensure goals in profitability are reviewed and communicated on a regular basis. Play a strong role in translating repricing actions into measurable strategic financial targets
- Responsible for the production, verification and explanation of observations made from reports
- Guide the team in handling queries relating to data reconciliation, modelling techniques, interpretation of modelling results, observations made from monitoring reports, pricing methods, and interpretation of pricing information
- Managing priorities and project timeframes for pricing inputs
- Maintain updated knowledge of actuarial practices, particularly in latest pricing approaches, and a good understanding of regulatory standards in actuarial valuation
- University degree with a major in Actuarial Science or Statistics or Mathematics
- Qualified or part qualified from Internationally recognised Actuarial Institutions such as UK, US, and Australia
- At least 8 years in an actuarial position in General Insurance, preferably in pricing
- Experience in coaching actuarial staff, in areas such as data manipulation, modelling, pricing and report-writing
- Proven record in applying actuarial judgement in pricing work and leading discussions with business teams
- Strong communication skills, both writing and verbal, particularly in relation to business considerations and use of non-technical jargon
- Possess strong problem solving skills, ability to use judgement in determining solutions for wide range of problems, taking into consideration holistic operations of GI company
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Advance in SAS and EMBLEM, as well as MS Access/Excel/Word
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 165,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We offer excellent career prospects and attractive remuneration package to the right candidates.