- Relevant security knowledge and experience in two or more of the following areas: incident response/ security operations, security intelligence, threat analysis, security event management, log analysis, penetration testing, vulnerability management, forensics and SIEM technology.
- Experience working with information security frameworks (SANS, NIST)
- Familiarity with Incident Response processes and operations
- Strong stakeholder skills, with the ability to communicate technically with IT and information security experts, but also effectively translate issues and risks into clear and understandable business language
- Ability to think creatively about remediation and countermeasures to challenging Information Security threats.
- Planning, directing and facilitating response and recovery activities, based on a mature understanding of potential risk and business need to the company for a security incident.
- Ability to understand current security vulnerabilities within the organization, communicate impact based on potential risk, and prioritize and drive remediation efforts.
- Ability to drive continuous operational improvement and remediation initiatives, and assure these solutions are delivered in line with AXA standards and policies
- 3 - 5 years of information security related experience in areas such as security operations, incident analysis, incident response handling, intrusion detection, log analysis.
- Experience in security event/alert monitoring, understanding identifying intruder techniques employed, Security Principles, Security Vulnerabilities/Weaknesses and threats
- Experience working with a SIEM such as Splunk, QRADAR or ArcSight
- Experience with security operational tools: SIEM technology, IDS/IPS, Advanced Malware tools, AV, vulnerability scanners, data loss prevention is a plus
- An understanding of common OS and domain structures, servers, services and associated vulnerabilities.
- Experience with UNIX/LINUX a plus
- CISSP, GCIA, CEH, CHFI a plus
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer AXA is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. AXA US has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave AXA. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.