AXA launched its new Employee Benefits business in the U.S. in 2015. After extensive research and feedback from the market, AXA brought together technology and dedicated professionals to make the employee benefits experience powerfully simple. AXA combines an innovative, integrated technology platform, and a robust suite of insurance products, including dental, vision, life, and short- and long-term disability, designed for small- to medium-sized businesses with 20 to 500 employees. The Employee Benefits business is differentiating itself by focusing on multi-channel distribution, streamlined enrollment, and customer-focused solutions. AXA is focused on ease of doing business at all levels, creating the optimal customer experience that enables distribution partners to grow.
The Head of Distribution will lead the sales vision and strategy for AXA’s employee benefits business. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in advancing the company’s commitment and goal of becoming the leader in its core market in the Employee Benefits arena. Key to this person’s success will be his or her ability to collaborate closely with colleagues to ensure a differentiated and uniquely elevated experience for customers. The Head of Distribution will lead a high-performing team, including a team of Regional Vice Presidents, and will report to the Head of AXA’s U.S. Life & Employee Benefits division.
- Lead AXA Employee Benefits’ sales and distribution vision and strategy to accelerate profitable growth in its core markets. Focus on developing new business, re-enrollment sales (2nd sale), and retaining existing clients.
- Assess, lead and develop a high-performing team of Regional Vice Presidents, a strategic accounts leader, and a leader of field sales consultants.
- Strengthen rigor of sales processes and sales activity, increasing the use of metrics to more effectively track and analyze performance and outcomes and to improve productivity.
- Align sales strategies with the overall business strategy with a focus on customer value and expansion of profitable business. Strengthen the connection between sales planning and business planning.
- Ensure sales teams discriminate between valuable sales and solutions and opportunities that do not meet AXA’s risk or profit standards.
- Bring a strategic, business development approach to sales by identifying market opportunities and gaps and effectively articulating business cases for investment in innovation and expansion at the most senior levels in the company.
- Collaborate effectively with key functional peers, including with heads of operations & service, strategy, underwriting, product, marketing, human resources, IT, and finance.
- Partner with AXA distribution channel leaders, including the head of the AXA Advisors retail network, to drive cross-sell strategies and partnerships.
- Contribute to product strategy and to the development of creative solutions to address customer needs. Translate insights into distribution strategies that positively impact the top and bottom line.
- Lead as an active, respected voice and presence in the external market; represent AXA as a visible, influential thought-leader at industry events and in high-level client meetings.
- Provide strategic relationship management with top brokerage firms and customers.
The Candidate Profile
Required Business Experience and Technical Skills
- Proven business leader with 15+ years’ experience in Employee Benefits or related industry sector with a focus on sales leadership/management.
- Proven track record of leading and accelerating profitable sales in the employee benefits market.
- Broad managerial and leadership experience in a fast-paced, complex business environment.
- Strong business acumen; proven ability to act strategically, make decisions, and build partnerships. Understands the economics of the evolving employee benefits ecosystem and the key drivers of growth and profitability
- Strong relationship management capabilities in support of Customers and Brokers/ Consultants
- Strong skills and solid background in leading cultural change in an evolving environment.
- Knowledge and experience with progressive sales and account management training concepts.
Leadership Behavioral Competencies
- A low-ego, team-oriented and collaborative leadership style.
- Hands-on leader comfortable “rolling up sleeves” to solve problems, while helping teams understand big-picture implications.
- Leads with a nimble, entrepreneurial mindset and approach.
- Easily establishes him/herself as a trusted partner. gets energy from working with and leading teams and models emotional intelligence.
- A decisive change agent, but balanced with self-awareness and humility.
- Leads and communicates with transparency. A genuine, authentic interpersonal style and straight-forward approach to relationships and managing.
- High energy, action-oriented self-starter.
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity. Always does the right thing.
- Values people and invests time to nurture and develop talent. Inspires the will to win across the organization and sustains positive motivation.
- Detail-oriented with high standards for quality of execution.
- Intellectually agile with a willingness to challenge and question the status quo.
AXA Equitable have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer AXA Equitable is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. AXA Equitable has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.