The Application Developer is/will:
- Responsible for developing or modifying software solutions of intermediate or advanced complexity as part of an assigned project.
- Develop, code, test, debug and document application systems to achieve the objectives of the provided business requirements. These systems may be new, replacement of existing systems, or significant modifications of existing software modules.
- Apply proven application development methodologies and technologies to produce comprehensive solutions that meet quality, service commitment levels, schedules and budgets.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle including analysis and design.
- Capable of performing data analysis and system analysis
- Be an active member of an agile team
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline (Equivalent application programming or development experience may be considered)
- Basic to advanced knowledge of relational database concepts and SQL
- Knowledge of software development concepts, methodologies and languages based on academic or job experience.
- Knowledge and application of various software development life-cycles and techniques (e.g., traditional, iterative, agile)
- Good interpersonal / relationship management skills, able to foster working relationships within the team, across IT and with business colleagues
- Knowledge of business and technology practices and trends
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Insurance and/or finance experience a plus
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer AXA is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. AXA US has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave AXA. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.