The Strategic Initiatives Group (SIG) is an internal consulting team responsible for developing and program managing initiatives that drive profitable growth and performance across AXA Equitable. The group reports to the CEO and owns both corporate strategy and new business development in partnership with business and support function areas.
- Internal consulting – support business areas by providing capabilities such as thought leadership, increased capacity or evaluation of an issue
- New business development – evaluate new business ideas; explore new market entry opportunities, business case development, external growth opportunities
- Corporate strategy – formal problem solving, analytics, executive presentations
- Process management – program management of cross-functional or complex projects, efficiency evaluations, process improvement recommendations
The team is heavily focused on talent development, and many AXA leaders were previous SIG members. SIG members often spend two to three years on the team before moving into positions within businesses and functional areas.
The expectation is to develop skills that enable you to support the following responsibilities in partnership with working teams and with ongoing guidance and coaching from SIG colleagues:
- Identify issues, structure problems and generate actionable recommendations using formal problem solving frameworks and critical thinking
- Identify analytical needs for projects or work streams, gather required data and identify most appropriate quantitative and qualitative approach to perform analysis
- Participate in the creation and delivery of presentations to senior management in very clear, structured formats
- Co-develop business cases with other members of SIG and in partnership with business areas (e.g., rationale for effort, size of opportunity, specific action steps, financial impact, implementation plan, etc.)
- Understand broad project planning requirements; lay out a project plan with direction from appropriate business area stakeholders, as necessary
- Develop and write executive-level memos and research papers
We are looking for a smart and talented individual who can work quickly, react positively to feedback and manage a steep learning curve.
SIG operates in a fast-paced environment that requires the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities. Candidates must be comfortable working in a dynamic environment and must be willing to support various projects, often simultaneously.
BA / BS required
Internship experience working in a corporate environment
Written and verbal communication skills with keen interest to further develop these abilities
Analytical and critical thinking skills with keen interest to further develop these abilities
Reliable with sense of urgency in following up on directions
Strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment
Self-starter and comfortable interacting up, down and across the organization
Internship experience working in the insurance or financial services industry a plus
Experience managing discrete pieces of a work stream or large project
Financial modeling and presentation experience (i.e., intermediate Excel and PowerPoint skills)
Excellent prioritization skills with a clear focus on results
Strong desire to be in a fast-paced, high feedback-oriented culture
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer AXA is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. AXA US has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave AXA. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.