The Group Retirement Analytics team supports the COO of AXA Group Retirement. We are looking for a SQL expert that will develop and execute a roadmap for enhancing our data, data architecture, and data infrastructure to improve our ability to deliver timely reporting, forecasts and key strategic insights to AXA’s Group Retirement business.
This person will also:
• Leverage extensive knowledge of relational databases to develop processes to automate BAU reporting efforts of Group Retirement organization.
• Oversee transition of current reporting capabilities to data visualization platform
• Help to drive the strategic thinking of senior management by delivering insights that may require in-depth analysis and personal initiative
• Support the development of Group-Retirement inforce management ‘dashboards’ to highlight key issues for the executive management team
• Author discrete sections of packages and communications of results of analysis (often for senior management audience)
• Track and analyze the outcomes and impact of various initiatives post-implementation
• Work with other Group Retirement teams to identify data needed to analyze the business at a granular level, gathering available data through existing tools, including financial, customer/producer, operation, expense and risk drivers of profitability
• Prepare information for key periodic reports for Group Retirement Product lifecycle management
• Liaise with Finance, Operations, IT, Marketing and other key sources of data to access key information as well as to analyze the information to identify trends, risks and opportunities to maximize the value of the in-force business by relating all of the aspects of the business into clear, concise and actionable information
• Liaise with product development, marketing and implementation teams to coordinate efforts and identify resource and other constraints to initiative implementation
• Liaise with legal/regularity stakeholders to ensure initiatives maintain contractual obligations to clients, FPs, etc
• Relevant technical skills and experience required: exceptional knowledge of SQL and relational databases, Excel and Access
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, which often requires the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
• Strong analysis skills, including comfort with setting up relational databases, querying, manipulating and cleaning data sets
Strong written and oral communication skills, particularly ability to translate complicated technical topics into clear, concise statements
• Ability to work independently, especially when sourcing data/information and when working on highly technical tasks
• Comfortable interacting with individuals across a wide range of seniority levels and business areas
• 5+ years of experience with life insurance and annuity product analysis and/or business data analysis preferred
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer AXA is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. AXA US has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave AXA. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.