The AXA Advisors National Recruiting Manager will work as an internal management consultant leading the implementation of select AXA leadership development programs, partnering with the Head of AXA Advisors National Recruiting and working on retail development initiatives under the overall direction of the Chief Sales Officer. This person will work with a diverse internal/external client base which includes Wealth Management and other key internal clients or field advisory groups, Branch Managers and District Managers, and vendors to identify best practices, programs and platforms.
• Manages retail development projects through full lifecycle
• Analyzes current processes and procedures, recommends and implements efficiencies and improvements
• Actively participates in field advisory committees, management advisory committees and collaborate with other business areas
• Creates, reviews, and edits recruiting-based materials, creates proficiencies around related tools, promotional pieces and flyers
• Partner on centralized recruiting efforts including supporting Taleo project and other initiatives
• Will deliver virtual and in-person training on various recruitment topics, programs, and practices
• Will act as a “Recruiting Lead Consultant”, serving as a recruiting subject matter expert and building relationships with trainers and select branches to drive engagement and recruiting results
• Lead for targeted college and universities, driving high-level partnerships to enable recruiting opportunities
• Will require ~15 percent travel (flexibility however exists pending project workload and focus)
• Will lead various recruitment vendor management programs, pilots, and projects
• This position will also assist in team development, goal setting and act in a coach capacity
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer AXA is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. AXA US has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave AXA. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers..