AXA is looking for a person with initiative to join us in our Charlotte location and build out our Forms and Filing Team. The Forms and Filing function within our US Life Business is paramount to both ensuring the successful rollout of new and enhanced products, as well as ensuring that current products remain in compliance with various state regulations.
This position’s primary responsibilities will be to: (1) manage the inventory of AXA’s individual life insurance applications; and (2) draft and design AXA’s individual life insurance applications in accordance with current state insurance laws and current Interstate Insurance Product Regulation Commission (IIPRC) application standards, and to obtain final sign-off of such drafts by internal parties. Detailed key accountabilities are specified below.
State Application Filings:
• Drafts and designs individual life insurance applications for use in electronic or paper format, including, but not limited to: (1) general new business life applications, (2) product specific new business application supplements for variable life, indexed variable life, universal life, indexed universal life, whole life and term life policies, (3) miscellaneous forms, such as reinstatement and policy change applications, and (4) application amendment forms;
• Works with the Director of the team to coordinate meetings for the vetting process of the application drafts that will include internal parties for form review and final signoff, such as Product Management, Legal Division, Underwriting, and IT;
• Collaborates with an internal party (who will act as a liaison between the Life Forms Filing Team and the Company’s vendor) to create the formatted version of the individual life insurance application forms for filing purposes and keeps track of the internal code assigned to each individual life insurance application form that is provided by this internal party;
• Collaborates with team members to submit life insurance application forms to state insurance departments and the IIPRC for approval before product launch via the System for Electronic Rate and Form Filing (SERFF), plus resolves any application filing objections with state insurance examiners;
• Upon approval, creates the final formatted version of the life insurance application (i.e., in a format as the application would appear to AXA’s agents/customers, aka “fillable” versions) and distributes such approved application forms to Project Managers and other internal parties;
• Submits content checklists to post approved application and supplemental forms in eDox—AXA’s form repository for retail agents—within project timelines;
• Acts as “go-to” person or resource for all individual life insurance application forms;
• Periodically updates AXA’s investment options shown on the variable individual life insurance application supplements, as directed by Project Managers and the Funds Management Group. Ensures that each fund name is accurately displayed on each state variation of the applicable variable individual life insurance application supplement. Collaborates with Legal Division to submit the required List of Funds filing to the New York State Department of Financial Services for approval prior to use;
• Creates new applications or updates existing applications based on any ad hoc projects, for example, resulting from any market conduct examinations by state insurance departments or any changes in internal Company procedures, and conducts meetings as needed to inform internal parties of the effective dates of change.
• As assigned by the Director of the team, monitors and tracks proposed or new state insurance legislation and regulations relating to individual life insurance applications via RegEd—the Company’s compliance operation system—and informs appropriate internal parties of any change in forms or operations;
• Assists the Director of the team with state insurance departments’ market conduct examinations as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education:
• 5+ years of individual life insurance application drafting or, alternatively, experience with any type of insurance forms drafting;
• Knowledge of the individual life insurance products specified above;
• Knowledge of state insurance laws, regulations, and state insurance departments’ or the IIPRC’s application requirements;
• Effective verbal and written communication skills;
• Bachelor’s degree required;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat, knowledge of RegEd a plus.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.