AXA US Internal Audit team exists to help the Board and Executive Management protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the organization by providing an independent and objective assurance activity designed to add value and improve the organization’s operations. The AXA US Internal Audit team reports directly to AXA Financial Audit Committee.
We are a high performing team and our ideal candidate has a background in risk and control functions, is a self- starter, great collaborator and has demonstrated success working in a business partnering capacity. You should be smart, dedicated, fun and have a passion for learning.
This position provides the opportunity to learn about all the businesses and functions within AXA US and exposure to all levels of management. The travel requirement is minimal.
• Lead and conduct team‐oriented, risk‐based audit activities designed to identify business risks and evaluate the effectiveness of governance, risk management, and control processes.
• Perform planning, scheduling and monitoring of multiple audits/projects.
• Perform advanced fieldwork activities, including inquiry of clients, inspection of records and documents, and observations and re‐performance of complex control procedures. Incorporates use of data analytics to improve effectiveness and efficiency of audit.
• Communicate audit/investigation results to senior team members and business line management, performs appropriate follow‐up tasks.
• Prepare drafts of Audit Reports, analyze basic control gaps and root causes to formulate potential remediation actions.
• Participate in special projects, investigations as appropriate
- Bachelor degree in Accounting. Master degree in Accounting and/or CPA
- 8+ years of external audit experience from large public accounting firm (Big Four preferred but not required), with strong experience in financial audits for financial service companies, ideally within the life and savings insurance sector
- Advanced knowledge of:
-SEC filing (10k, 10Q)
-The financial services industry and the associated regulatory environment.
-Risk and controls concepts
-Understanding of control functions processes including identifying and evaluating key risks; developing and conducting audit testing; documenting work performed; and presenting findings identified.
- Strong (oral and writing, including formal report writing) communication skills
- Works autonomously and is objective and rigorous in his or her approach
- Strong strategic and critical thinker that must also be results oriented and pragmatic.
- Challenges the status quo, explains the necessity for change and helps others to accept and implement change
- Self-motivated, work well in team environment but able to also work independently.
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer AXA is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. AXA US has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave AXA. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.