The Executive Communications Manager is responsible for developing and implementing communications plans for different groups of internal and external stakeholders. He/she reports to the Chief of Staff to the CEO and is a key member of a highly visible team that supports the CEO and the Office of the CEO. This individual has the opportunity to play an important role in the company’s strategic messaging.
The ideal candidate is comfortable in a high-performing, fast-paced, confidential, high-pressure environment and can adapt quickly to produce various communication and creative projects. In addition, the individual will be adept at multitasking and have unquestionable integrity with an uncompromising commitment to quality and superb written and editorial skills.
Write, edit and manage high-profile executive and strategic communications and materials including;
Major company announcements
Speeches, talking points, external press releases,
Board of Directors materials
Internal blog posts
Manage and update strategic company intranet content
Manage and organize executive trips and meetings
Assist with all-company events and meetings
Innovate and collaborate with team members on strategic and creative projects
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience with 3-5 years writing and editing experience (corporate/executive communications preferred)
- BA/BS undergraduate degree
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong writing and editorial skills in American English
- Ability to formulate clear and concise executive and strategic messages to internal and external audiences from complex topics
- Must quickly learn to adapt writing to different voices and styles
- Resourceful in gathering information from across the organization
- Comfortable multi-tasking
- Extremely organized with unfailing attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- High level of comfort/ease interacting with all levels of the organization
- Professional and executive presence conducive to working with senior leadership
- Strong computer/software knowledge and abilities
- Knowledge of life insurance, retirement savings and investment management businesses a plus
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer AXA is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. AXA US has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave AXA. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.