The mission of the Manager- Financial Controller is:
For a given geographic scope:
- Analyze and Challenge all financial and business information reported internally or externally (to Auditors, Regulators or Investors) and ensure the relevancy and accuracy of the information delivered;
- Give visibility to the various stakeholders on the results, on the performance and on the associated risks/ uncertainties of the entities;
- Manager and supervise the tasks of financial controllers.
For transversal reporting topics when applicable:
- Lead transversal reporting at Group level across all entities (ex: Toplines KPIs, Earnings, Expenses); Lead the coordination & communication with all Group functions involved in the reporting processes.
- Manage a team of financial controllers
- Ensure an effective and smooth coordination and communication with all other Finance functions and other Headquarter departments
- Organize and supervise the production and the analysis of economic/financial information provided by the entities within defined timeframes. Assist the entities in delivering the information
- Identify, analyze, quantify and report the risks and uncertainties that could impact the IFRS consolidated results of the entities
- Ensure the consistency of the information and make sure that AXA Group accounting principles and processes are applied
- Take part to M&A projects (including PGAAP) and facilitate the integration of new subsidiaries in AXA Group reporting
- Lead transversal reporting; lead meetings and decisions having a financial impact on Group Reporting if applicable
- Contribute to PBRC activities across the Group (transversal projects, trainings, conferences…) if applicable
- Be the owner of the PBRC processes of his/her perimeter: ensure that all deadlines are met and that all deliverables are submitted on time with good quality (no process disruptions)
- Design & set up process improvements in his/her perimeter to secure efficiency and good coordination with entities/Group teams
- Master Degree in Finance / Audit & Accounting/ Actuarials
- 6-8 years of Experience in Audit/Finance position
- Good knowledge of IFRS Insurance principles
- Fluent in English
Technical skills required:
- Strong business analysis and synthesis skills
- Controlling experience and good knowledge of the financial assets (including hedge accounting)
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial mechanisms; IFRS rules, consolidation techniques
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint; Knowledge of (SAP) Magnitude will be an advantage
- Good understanding of finance concepts and of the insurance business (Life and P&C, assets & liabilities, reinsurance); ability to understand actuarial practices (reserves, IFRS, EEV, Solvency II)
Soft skills required:
- Highly organized, structured & proactive; ability to work with autonomy
- Ability to a work in a multicultural environment with people with diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to convince and challenge senior business correspondents both at entity and Group level; ability to influence various stakeholders without a direct hierarchical relationship
- Ability to quickly build an effective and trust-based relationship with all entities & Group correspondents
- Curious, proactive, reactive with a good Business Sense
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure, remaining effective always whilst maintaining excellent attention to quality
- Open to Change and be Flexible
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 165,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 107 million customers.
The headquarters of the AXA Group, based in Paris 8th, brings together the Group's corporate activities. It coordinates the various entities with the Group's strategy, and is responsible for managing international projects. The headquarters has approximately 800 employees and is distinguished by its strong international culture (39 nationalities)..