The candidate will work in coordination with another DIL legal counsel, in a large international environment. He/she will share his/her worktime among the following activities:
1 / Provide support to the DIL project teams around Data Privacy requirements and issues
This activity covers the following topics:
- Ensure alignment between projects and Data Privacy regulatory constraints (completion of Data Privacy Impact Assessments, coordination with entities consuming DIL services…)
- When necessary, take all necessary actions to comply with Data Privacy regulations or laws (formalities with the French regulator CNIL or the AXA GIE CIL, contracts writing, anonymization etc.)
- Interact and accompany the DIL@ASIA (Asian DIL office based in Singapore), on all legal and data privacy aspects of projects, structure, culture…
- Advise DIL management to help them define DIL’s strategy
- Attend and contribute to the Data Privacy community led by AXA Group Data Privacy Officer
- Follow up Audit remediation plans when Data Privacy or legal recommendations have been issued
- With technical experts’ support, propose solutions allowing the DIL to conduct project complying with regulations, based on DIL expertise and/or technologies.
2 / Manage contracts with internal or external partners
This activity covers the following topics:
- Establish contracts with AXA entities working with the DIL (Master Service Agreements, Data Privacy Agreements…)
- Establish contracts with external partners or vendors of the DIL, by determining the type of contract (MoU, NDA, MSA…) and the stakeholders in charge of signing off the contract (DIL, AGS, ATS…)
- Standardize contractual relationship and DIL Intellectual Property depending on the services delivered and the stakeholders
- Lead legal negotiations when establishing contracts
- Ensure contracts clauses are applied during the projects lifecycle
- Lead discussions on behalf of the DIL in case of litigation
- Advisory role with regards to the most appropriate legal model for the DIL in the future
3 / Lead the « Scientific Research for Big Data » stream of the AXA GDPR program
AXA needs to comply to the new data privacy European regulation (General Data Protection Regulation) applicable in 2018. Several streams have been identified, including the one mentioned in this section’s title, for which it will be required to:
- understand and summarize the objectives, in coordination with the GDPR program director.
- identify stakeholders/subject matter experts to produce the required deliverables
- plan and animate necessary workgroups to produce the required deliverables
- produce adequate reporting to the GDPR program director
- ensure the alignment between DIL strategy and GDPR program
Technical and professional skills:
- Graduation in Business law / intellectual property / New Information Technologies law with a Data Privacy expertise.
- Advanced knowledge/expertise of the legal environment linked to the Protection of Personal Data topic.
- Advanced experience in contracts negotiation and establishment
- Fluent English practice
- Strategic vision on the regulation evolutions and most appropriate legal mechanisms for the DIL.
- Strong communication skills; ability to explain complex legal and data privacy topics to non-experts
- Ability to lead workgroups which include members from various AXA businesses and to manage conflicts with strength and diplomacy in order to reach consensus.
- Ability to work with different AXA departments in a fully international environment and a matrix reporting organization
- Ability to understand and take in account the business needs when providing legal support to Data Innovation Lab projects.
Between 5 and 10 years of professional experience and at least 5 years within Data Privacy, intellectual property and contracts management domain.Experience in private or public companies, especially within large international groups, is a plus.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 165,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 107 million customers.
The headquarters of the AXA Group, based in Paris 8th, brings together the Group's corporate activities. It coordinates the various entities with the Group's strategy, and is responsible for managing international projects. The headquarters has approximately 800 employees and is distinguished by its strong international culture (39 nationalities).