We are convinced that Data Science is a key pillar of our strategy to become a more customer centric company, designing insurance solutions that enable our customers to live better lives. In line with this, AXA Gulf aims to build on and go beyond its past successes in this area through a reinforcement of its Data Science team.
Securing strong Data Scientists within the organization is essential for us to reach this ambition. As a Data Scientist, you will report to the Senior Data Science Manager. Your role will be versatile, covering different Business Lines and parts of the insurance value chain. Your main mission will be to deploy your strong technical expertise in both shaping AXA Gulf’s data strategy and delivering solutions to business challenges.
You will be successful in this role not only through building on and developing your subject matter expertise in Data Science techniques, but also through working closely and collaboratively with the business. This will be key to understand how to best identify domains where Data Science can help improve performance – and to develop solutions that are practical and adopted by the relevant business stakeholders.
Data strategy and priorities:
- Build and promote strategic data assets for the business in domains covering sales and marketing, offering development, pricing, claims management, etc.
- Contribute to the innovation process within the Data Science domain and champion business innovations linked to the same
- Translate business ambition and needs into Data Science problems to be solved
Business modeling and data transparency:
- Secure adequate understanding of business needs, problem formalization, and overview of theoretical solutions based on available tools
- Engage with business stakeholders to establish what potential solutions would be relevant, applicable, and impactful from their perspective
- Choose the relevant Data Science technique(s), data processing solutions, and/or end-user output (including interface solutions) that would allow to best address the needs
- Ensure buy-in from business stakeholders at key moments of Data Science initiatives/ projects
- Present and promote the delivered solutions vis-à-vis relevant stakeholders and management
- Manage and transmit the knowledge through appropriate documentation and initiatives (including training material, live demonstrations, training courses, etc.)
- Good understanding of the insurance sector and/or other Financial Services sector and/or practical experience in applying Data Science techniques in business contexts (e.g., customer segmentation and targeting, network optimization, etc.)
At AXA, we support millions of people around the world by protecting them, their families, belongings, assets, businesses and their future.
Present in 64 countries, AXA’s 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors provide their expertise in support of 103 million customers through four core business activities: Property & Casualty Insurance; Life & Savings; Health Insurance; and Asset Management. In a fast-evolving world, AXA anticipates change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of its customers.
We strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in the world - onto even greater things. At AXA, we want our people to wake up every day with the drive and inspiration of our noble mission; collectively, we want to empower people to live a better life.
With a workforce of over 1,000 employees, 44 branches & retail shops region-wide, more than 1 million customers and 2015 gross written premium of over US$ 963 million, AXA is one of the largest international player in the GCC. Present in the region for more than 65 years, AXA in the Gulf offers a wide range of insurance products and services for corporate, SME and individual customers.
Our business is to protect people over the long term. We emphasis on designing reliable solutions to meet the needs of our customers, manage risks in a professional way, treat our partners fairly, develop a work environment built on strong values, relationship and trust
We also believe that we have a role to play in protecting the environment, supporting the communities in which we operate, and more broadly in helping to create stronger and more sustainable societies. This is part of creating a sustainable, long-term business, and becoming the preferred company for our customers, employees, and other stakeholders.
AXA Gulf has been awarded General Insurance Company of the Year for 2nd consecutive year and Health Insurance Company of the Year at the 2015 Middle East Insurance Industry Awards (MIIA), Insurer of the Year and Personal Lines insurer in 2016 at the MENA Insurance Awards and Best Motor Insurance Product by the Banker Middle East in both UAE & KSA.
As part of AXA’s corporate responsibility and its commitment to building better understanding about the health risks faced by individuals and the society, the company achieved a new Guinness world record for the most blood cholesterol readings in 8 hours at a single venue
AXA is the leading insurer in the Gulf and we are looking for individuals who can make a difference. If your aim is to work in an environment that encourages you to grow, develop and enjoy your work, then AXA Gulf is the place for you.