Member of the Group M&A legal team that is the Group’s centre of legal expertise for executing major international M&A projects in alignment with AXA’s current strategic plan for delivering growth and value. Working in close collaboration with the Group’s specialist M&A corporate finance team, together forming the Group’s front-line M&A deal team. Reporting to the Group Legal Head of M&A.
AXA’s M&A projects are multi-national covering: buying or selling companies/businesses, either as private negotiated deals or public takeovers; Initial Public Offers for sales via listing on stock exchanges; establishing major long-term partnerships and joint ventures; and major distribution deals with upfront capital commitments
- experienced senior qualified lawyer (at least 6 years’ post-qualification), with first ranking international law firm training as a foundation for transformation at AXA into a high performing in-house counsel
- extensive experience of international corporate and commercial law, specialising in M&A
- fluent in English
Personal skills and attributes:
- Driven/highly motivated, autonomous with enthusiasm for new areas of expertise, needs agility to work outside own comfort zone and pick up, analyse and become expert on new topics quickly on a regular basis
- gravitas to work in close collaboration with senior management on evolving strategic and sensitive international issues in a high-pressure, time-critical environment
- client-driven and pragmatic
- team player with ability to influence and federate across departments/the Group
- strong communication skills
- courage to challenge, and be challenged
- integrity – trustworthiness is key due to dealing with confidential and price sensitive information on a regular basis
- stays focused and functioning at the same high standards under pressure
- embraces the challenges of multicultural work
- international travel, often with short notice
- ideally A-level French or willingness to learn French
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 165,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 107 million customers.
The headquarters of the AXA Group, based in Paris 8th, brings together the Group's corporate activities. It coordinates the various entities with the Group's strategy, and is responsible for managing international projects. The headquarters has approximately 800 employees and is distinguished by its strong international culture (39 nationalities).