The Senior Portfolio Financing & Other alternative asset class Underwriter plays a key role in implementing and deploying portfolio financing strategies as well as developing AXA other alternative asset classes portfolios. The Senior Portfolio Financing & Other alternative asset class Underwriter is part of the alternative credit team.
He/She reports to AXA Group Chief Credit Officer. The position is Paris based and is part of a 25 plus credit team within the AXA Group holding company’s Investment & ALM department headed by the Group CIO. The AXA Group senior financing and other alternative assets represent a key component of AXA Group Alternative investments acceleration.
The primary duties of the Senior Portfolio Financing & Other alternative asset class Underwriter are:
- Reviewing new market developments to identify asset classes to be considered (including consumer assets, non-performing and other real assets)
- Early stage with enhanced “time-to-market” screening of investment opportunities
- Leveraging relationship with asset managers and banks to identify investment opportunities
- Reviewing each senior financing opportunity proposed by banks equity sponsor or asset managers
- Reviewing and identifying new opportunities in new segments of alternative credit
- Close interaction with internal asset managers, notably at sourcing stage as well as to the follow-up & monitoring of AXA exposure to senior financings as well as other alternative asset classes
- Performing analysis of the underlying portfolio and of the structure proposed
- Working closely with the legal and structuring team to efficiently wrap investment opportunities, including liaising with Group Risk Management, Group accounting department and Group Tax
- Active interaction with AXA entities, notably in the set-up of new funds or investment mandates as well as monitoring of AXA senior financing and other alternative assets exposure
- Liaise with rating agencies, regulators
Outputs and Deliverables:
The Senior Portfolio Financing & Other alternative asset class Underwriter core work results in:
Definition of senior financing & other alternative asset classes investment strategy (equity and debt)
Identification of market trends
Identification of market opportunities
Surveillance of existing portfolio
Periodic sector reviews
Regular review of third party as well as internal managers
Knowledge transfer and successful integration within Alternative credit team
Collaboration on activities including work with teammates
Experience and Qualifications:
The targeted background for the Portfolio Financing & Other alternative asset class Underwriter includes:
The Senior Portfolio Financing & Other alternative asset class Underwriter exhibits the following in performing the role:
Strong team orientation with capacity for intensive independent work
Strong writing and presentation abilities
Emphasis on quality of analysis for internal clients
Excellent Relationship management
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 165,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 107 million customers.
The headquarters of the AXA Group, based in Paris 8th, brings together the Group's corporate activities. It coordinates the various entities with the Group's strategy, and is responsible for managing international projects. The headquarters has approximately 800 employees and is distinguished by its strong international culture (39 nationalities).