- He/she will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, evaluate the risk prepared by local network partners on the respective countries employee benefits programs, incorporating life and medical related group employee benefits/individual employee benefits.
- Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Evaluating, examining all transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness, preparing formal reports for review, ensuring that documents are consistent and uphold to company and industry guidelines.
- Sound judgment and approving cases within the company and local market guidelines, up to his/her level of authority. Above the approving limit, to work with Corporate Office technical eam for approval.
- Contacting customers and/or local network partners to gather information to make appropriate decisions, explain rationale behind underwriting decision.
- Preparing necessary risk illustration using Maxis GBN tools for global clients.
- Data management on all clients’ benefits plans, claims paid incident rates, utilization behavior, etc as per each country respectively by working with our local network partners. Mainly, monitoring, evaluating, and identifying trend analyses, strategies and methods for minimizing adverse selection, and a creative pricing approach.
- Compiling months to month’s or ad hoc medical trend reports.
- At times, the underwriter may also be responsible for preparing the new business and renewal underwriting reports for the technical committee approval.
- Implementing fraud detection techniques, performing compliance reviews, assisting in coming up with investigative/pricing tools based on Maxis GBN guidelines ie: Pricing of pool accounts protection (Aggregated, and per head)
- Provide work direction and/or training to local network partner technical team and provide performance feedback to supervisor/manager.
- Participating International RFP proposals.
- Portfolio management and profitability.
- Clients visit in conjunction with sale process.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Mathematics, Computer science, insurance, Actuarial Science or related field preferred, minimal 3 to 5 years of working experiences. Only with experience candidate will be considered.
- Excellent attention to detail with ability to thoroughly analyze data and know when additional data is needed.
- Extensive employee benefits insurance knowledge and underwriting skill.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Occasional traveling and work in a global team of professionals.
- Fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Able to work independently with a strong sense of accountability and prompt reply.
- Organizational skills - ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent computer skills, especially on Excel, VBA and Access
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
AXA Hong Kong, a member of the AXA Group, prides itself of serving over 1 million customers in Hong Kong and Macau. Besides being one of the largest health protection providers in Hong Kong, it is also the number 1 General Insurance provider1 and a market leader in motor insurance.
AXA Hong Kong is committed to helping its customers achieve stability and prosperity through providing a comprehensive range of life, health, property and casualty protection, as well as wealth management and retirement solutions.
We believe it is our inherent responsibility to support the communities we operate in, hence creating a sustainable business via constant and considerable contribution in the dimensions of health, environment and the community.
1Based on 2013 Office of the Commissioner of Insurance market share statistics
We offer excellent career prospects and attractive remuneration package to the right candidates.