The Alternative Asset Senior Structurer is supporting the alternative credit team in structuring transactions, investment strategies and portfolio financing.
He/she reports to the head of Portfolio Construction Team within the Group Credit Team (“GCT”).. The position is Paris based and is part of a 25 plus credit team within the AXA Group holding company’s Investment & ALM department headed by the Group CIO. The AXA Group Alternative investments portfolio represents an important share of AXA Group invested assets portfolio with Eur 100bn.
The primary duties of the Alternative Asset Senior Structurer are:
- Analysing and implementing transactions that meet the various needs of the AXA insurance companies in a highly regulated and constrained investment universe
- Helping to optimize the risk adjusted Solvency 2 target return of the Group investments
- Designing investment solutions compliant with Solvency 2 as well as other local investment regulations requirements
- Building up investment that are accounting friendly from an IFRS as well as statutory accounting frameworks perspectives
- Working closely with GCT dedicated legal resources to translate into the legal documentation the various features of the structuring
- Assisting in the selection of third party asset managers from a structuring standpoint
- Being instrumental in the negotiation with internal and third-party asset managers terms of the partnerships
- Active interaction with AXA Group asset managers and AXA entities, notably in the set-up of new funds or investment mandates, including the operating aspects
- Regular interaction with Group Risk management and accounting department
The Alternative Asset Senior Structurer’s work results in:
Delivering efficient investment solutions for AXA
Active collaboration with internal as well as third party asset managers
Assessing at early stage the feasibility of new investment opportunities
Analyzing the various risks of a structure, including legal, regulatory and operating
Being instrumental in the optimization of the investment framework from a Solvency 2 as well as accounting perspective
Knowledge transfer and successful integration within Alternative credit team
Collaboration on activities including work with teammates
The targeted background for the Portfolio Financing & Other alternative asset class Underwriter includes:
At least 10 years of experience in structuring highly complex investment solution within an investment bank or asset manager with:
a focus on complex credit asset such as securitizations, infrastructure projects…
a good experience of credit documentation
a strong knowledge of asset management regulation: AIFMD, EMIR, Securitizations
Good knowledge of insurance companies investment constraints is a plus
Fluency in written and spoken English; French a plus
The Alternative Asset Senior Structurer exhibits the following in performing the role:
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 165,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 107 million customers.
The headquarters of the AXA Group, based in Paris 8th, brings together the Group's corporate activities. It coordinates the various entities with the Group's strategy, and is responsible for managing international projects. The headquarters has approximately 800 employees and is distinguished by its strong international culture (39 nationalities).