Reporting to the Head of Marine Underwriting, the successful candidate will lead and manage all underwriting aspect of Marine Hull line of business. She/he will Formulate and execute strategies to grow target business for Marine Hull line of business. Furthermore, the successful candidate will be responsible to maintain profitability of Marine Hull Line of business. She/he will render technical assistance to both internal and external parties.
1. Underwrite all classes of Marine business (new business and renewal) within the given authority limits / guidelines and provide underwriting expertise with a strong focus on Marine Hull.
2. Formulate and execute strategies to grow target business in consultation with business units.
3. Ensure strict compliance to Regional / Local Guidelines, External Guidelines and Treaty Protection in force at all times.
4. Regular analysis of business portfolio and take action where necessary to ensure the profitability.
5. Ensure excellent customer service is extended to internal and external customers within the set service standards at all times.
6. Ensure technical infrastructure such as policy wordings, clauses and endorsements are in line with market practice and at the same time meeting the regional aspiration and direction.
7. Organize / provide Technical Training to team members, business teams as well as intermediaries.
8. Close monitoring of Marine Hull portfolio performance and if necessary to highlight a potential adverse claims trend.
9. Proactive business development approach by facing brokers and agents to grow Marine Hull business.
1. Diploma or Degree in any and/or related.
2. AMII / ACII / DMII or equivalent insurance qualifications.
3. Minimum 10 years experience in and/or similar role/capacity.
4. Proficient in English.
5. Possess good presentation and negotiation skills.
6. IT literate.
7. Mature personality.
8. Able to work independently and as a team.
9. Self Motivated, achieving result, take initiative and concern for quality.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
AXA Affin General
Insurance Berhad is a joint venture between AXA Group and Affin Holdings
Berhad. We are one of the fastest growing general insurance companies in
Malaysia, and the No.1 leader in Medical and Health insurance (source: ISM). We
provide comprehensive and tailored protection solutions to individuals and
businesses in the areas of Motor, Home, Accidental, Travel and Commercial
We pride ourselves in conducting business
responsibly, and building long-term relationship of trust when serving almost a
million Malaysian customers, with over 800 employees in 22 offices, as well as
over 4,000 agents nationwide, as well as our brokers and key bank partners.
the best organization that demonstrate drive, commitment and tenacity to
champion diversity and inclusion with workplace practices that enable our
current & future employees to achieve work-life integration.
So, what are you waiting for? Come and JOIN us!