Assistant Network Managment Manager
- Manage contracting with hospitals and other providers (e.g., Hospitals, Ancillaries, and large physician groups) & conducts negotiations
- Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to: strategic positioning for contracting with providers
- Ensure the smooth operation and administration of provider agreements
- Track performance of contracts and ensure compliance with contracting guidelines
- Assist in resolving elevated and complex provider service complaints
- Respond to provider inquiries, concerns, complaints, appeals and grievances
- Initiate and maintain effective channels of communication with providers and related office staff
- Maintain doctor list & update providers’ records according to different agreements
- Evaluate the quality of medical service providers (Quality Assurance)
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- University graduate with minimum 5-8 years work experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in medical administration/management and/or insurance industry
- Energetic, detail-oriented, self-motivated and hard working
- Experience in contract and negotiation skills
- Exhaustive knowledge of hospital and healthcare provider network management
- Strong verbal and written communications
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 165,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
AXA Hong Kong is committed to helping its customers achieve stability and prosperity through providing a comprehensive range of life, health, property and casualty protection, as well as wealth management and retirement solutions.
We believe it is our inherent responsibility to support the communities we operate in, hence creating a sustainable business via constant and considerable contribution in the dimensions of health, environment and the community.
AXA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to promote Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) by creating a work environment where all employees are treated with dignity, respect, and where individual differences are valued. We welcome and treasure diverse profiles to join our big family, and to build an inclusive culture together which allows everyone to maximize their personal potential.
1Based on 2013 Office of the Commissioner of Insurance market share statistics
We offer excellent career prospects and attractive remuneration package to the right candidates.