The mission of the Financial Controller is:
For a given geographic scope, support the senior Deputy Manager:
- Be an effective and trusted correspondent of the entity (ensure an effective and smooth coordination and regular communication, provide support and assistance, answer questions; ensure that the entity understand and applies Group instructions; improve the quality, timeliness and efficiency of the entity reporting); get knowledge and understanding of the entity specificities and business.
- Review and control all IFRS data (actual and forecasts) submitted by the entity; control the compliance of the reported information with the Group instructions, timeline and Group methodologies.
- Analyze and comment the financial performance of the entity on a regular basis (quarterly and/or monthly on ad-hoc basis). Identify and analyze risks and uncertainties that may impact Group financial statements, management business monitoring. Alert the Deputy Manager.
- Assist the Group Audit process with internal and external auditors.
- Solve IFRS accounting issues.
For transversal topics when applicable, support the senior Deputy Manager on ad-hoc basis:
- Be the owner of the PBRC processes of his/her perimeter: ensure that all deadlines are met and that all deliverables are submitted on time with good quality (no process disruptions).
- Analyze some financial and profitability indicators (ex: Sales activity, Earnings, Expenses); compile the data and prepare the reporting at Group level.
- Review/check Group transversal reporting; review/check the press releases and the financial documents presented to the external analysts on a regular basis.
- Define Group common guidelines, practices, instructions (ex: on Life and Savings reporting, on Property and Casualty reporting, on Expenses reporting) and ensure their correct application by entities.
- Design & set up process improvements in his/her perimeter to secure efficiency and good coordination with entities/Group teams.
- Actively contribute to Team’s performance and to the successful implementation of the new organization being rolled out within PBRC across two locations in Paris and Madrid.
- Master Degree, University in Finance/Audit & Accounting/ Actuarials.
- 5-6 years work experience as actuary, controller or auditor
- Good knowledge in IFRS/ Insurance principles
- Fluent in English
Technical skills required:
- Strong business analysis and synthesis skills
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial mechanisms; IFRS rules, consolidation techniques
- Good knowledge of MS Excel and Powerpoint; Knowledge of (SAP) Magnitude will be an advantage
- Good understanding of finance concepts and of the insurance business (Life and P&C, assets & liabilities, reinsurance); ability to understand actuarial practices
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 165,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 107 million customers.
The headquarters of the AXA Group, based in Paris 8th, brings together the Group's corporate activities. It coordinates the various entities with the Group's strategy, and is responsible for managing international projects. The headquarters has approximately 800 employees and is distinguished by its strong international culture (39 nationalities).