Head of Actuarial Transformation
- Oversee design and the implementation of transformation projects including but not limited to new accounting standards and regulatory solvency capital requirements, i.e. IFRS17 and RBC, the review, optimise and automation current actuarial tools and processes
- Provide leadership for the Actuarial Transformation team in the Hong Kong Actuarial department. Project Sponsor and Leadership for IFRS17 implementation, RBC implementation, Actuarial Tools and Process Review, Optimise and Automation and other transformation projects as required
- Understand and interpret the new IFRS17 requirements and provide recommendations on methodologies which optimises the outcome for AXA
- Put in the systems, tools and actuarial models and ensure we have the necessary data so that AXA HK can produce IFRS17 results in line with implementation schedule
- Communicate implication of IFRS17 to senior management to ensure timely adjustments can be made to strategy, product design etc. to ensure a smooth transition into IFRS17and sustainable profit emergence post implementation
- Understand and interpret the new HK RBC requirements and provide recommendations on methodologies which optimises the outcome for AXA
- Put in the systems, tools actuarial models and ensure we have the necessary data so that AXA HK can produce HK RBC results in line with implementation schedule
- Communicate implication of HK RBC to senior management to ensure timely adjustments can be made to strategy, product design etc. to ensure a smooth transition into HK RBC and strong and sustainable solvency coverage ratio and shareholder dividend distribution post implementation
- Review the current actuarial models (CAMP), analyse the cost and benefits or migrating the alternative model, for example Sunrise and provide appropriate recommendations.
- Ensure the selected actuarial models are optimized and is operated for all bases – IFRS17, SII, Local Statutory (RBC), Local IFRS, Embedded Values etc.
- Review current actuarial processes, make recommendations and implement process optimisation and automation.
- Sponsor and Lead actuarial transformation projects as required.
- Provide guidance (both technical and managerial) and strategic direction to the team so that everyone is clear about what is expected and act accordingly.
- Develop the team via on-the-job coaching and weekly dialogue - long term investment to enhance team efficiency, identify potential talent.
- Liaise with different stakeholders (Group, local senior management, regulators and external auditors) to ensure recommendations and implications are well communicated and understood.
- Qualified Actuary with a minimum of 7 years post qualifications experience.
- Strong technical experience in actuarial management including valuation and ALM
- Strong technical skills and understanding of all aspects of financial reporting
- Excellent leadership and change management skills
- Excellent analytical skills, able to think outside of the box, strong strategic thinking, result orientated, sense of urgency, can see the big picture as well as the details, and great communication skills.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Experience in team management, with the ability to coach and develop his/her staff to help them excel in their roles
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
AXA Hong Kong is committed to helping its customers achieve stability and prosperity through providing a comprehensive range of life, health, property and casualty protection, as well as wealth management and retirement solutions.
We believe it is our inherent responsibility to support the communities we operate in, hence creating a sustainable business via constant and considerable contribution in the dimensions of health, environment and the community.
AXA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to promote Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) by creating a work environment where all employees are treated with dignity, respect, and where individual differences are valued. We welcome and treasure diverse profiles to join our big family, and to build an inclusive culture together which allows everyone to maximize their personal potential.
1Based on 2013 Office of the Commissioner of Insurance market share statistics
We offer excellent career prospects and attractive remuneration package to the right candidates.