Purpose of the Role
Own and maintain the
application domain of API Integration and EIP. Plan, strategize and manage the
delivery of API solutions to for AXA Hong Kong.
Lead internal staff and manage external vendors to ensure the design,
integration and delivery of the solutions meet the business requirements.
Planning & Budgeting
- Work with Programs & Projects to ensure their budgets and delivery
are aligned with the API roadmap
- Advise customers on API related solutions aligned with AXA architecture
team’s design and take ownership of the advice provided to ensure customer
- Help customers fully understand the value of APIs to the business and
promote the application offerings to the countries in order to improve
acceptance of applications in countries.
- Provide the inputs to business proposals to ensure the Integration
approach is scoped correctly to achieve the business objectives.
- Review, challenge and contribute to the Solution Architect's proposed
solution architecture to ensure the API Integration is appropriate.
- Monitor and ensure the team deliver solutions aligned with Solution
Architecture and Enterprise Architecture Governance.
- Coordinate with Release Management in order to plan service introduction
and execute transition of the Business Integration Project Release to
- Manage and engage the vendors to build, integrate and deliver Regional
Information System and Technology Solutions in order to deliver high-quality
- Manage a group of application specialists and consultants in order to
perform application analysis, design, development (where applicable) and
quality assurance activities of all IT projects assigned
- Review and approve relevant design documents and system integration for
IT solutions involving applications from different platforms to ensure
end-to-end system integration across platforms.
- Support Regional Head, Data Services in identifying and scheduling
appropriate application specialists in order to support multiple IT projects
running in parallel.
- Challenge and approve solution options and estimation, drive the vendor
selection process and propose vendor for senior management's approval to ensure
the best selection.
- Monitor daily operations to ensure application solutions meet AXA’s
policies, standards and quality requirement.
Incident & Problem Management
- Review and sign off systems and project delivery of APIs to ensure they
meet governance policy and customer requirements.
- Deliver proper production support and ensure that production handover
materials are aptly prepared.
- Maintain the final catalogue of API versions in order to ensure proper
Delivery Process Management
- Assist the Support & Maintenance team if necessary and communicate
with stakeholders to ensure successful resolution.
- Monitor and ensure there are proper resources engaged in the resolution
Risk Management and Business Contingency
- Provide approval on major process compliance documents to ensure they
meet governance and compliance standards.
- Identify and drive improvement on the Delivery Process in order to
achieve delivery excellence.
- Support and provide inputs in order to develop and implement a
risk-mitigation action plan based on the project risk assessment.
- Support and provide inputs to implement the business contingency
solution and lead the team to take prompt actions during incidents and crises
to ensure business continuity.
- Support periodic tests of the risk mitigation and business contingency
solutions to ensure system readiness and prevent issues during
- Facilitate discussions and help vendors understand the business
requirements in order to improve vendor performance.
- Review and approve solution delivery deliverables in order to ensure
- Oversee the delivery of trainings and knowledge transfer to the
Production teams to ensure necessary knowledge is transferred.
- Manage vendor resources to ensure a right mix of external vendors to
support multiple IT projects running in parallel, achieve utilization goal and
on/offshore work ratio target.
- Actively monitor in order to manage work transition and delivery with
- Define, monitor and track overall vendor and project performance against
SLA and KPIs to ensure value achievement.
- Communicate confirmed scope and schedule change of medium to larger
scale IT projects with Delivery Centre to ensure timely project updates
Experience / Qualification:
- Typically requires a
tertiary qualification in an IT discipline or related field
- Minimum of 7-10 years of
proven leadership and Business Intelligence experience in the financial
analytical capability and skills related to business intelligence (i.e. -
database architecture design, Data Services and API application configuration,
MIS report development, etc.)
- Ability to make
insightful, successful decisions
- Competent delivering
results through ownership & drive
- Proven ability to lead,
motivate and develop a team
- Exposure to
transformational change within a business
- The ability to think
creatively and ensure services meets stakeholder needs and are fit for purpose.
- The ability to manage
multiple tasks, work to tight deadlines and monitor team members’ targets and
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
AXA Hong Kong, a member of the AXA Group, prides itself of serving over 1 million customers in Hong Kong and Macau. Besides being one of the largest health protection providers in Hong Kong, it is also the number 1 General Insurance provider1 and a market leader in motor insurance.
AXA Hong Kong is committed to helping its customers achieve stability and prosperity through providing a comprehensive range of life, health, property and casualty protection, as well as wealth management and retirement solutions.
We believe it is our inherent responsibility to support the communities we operate in, hence creating a sustainable business via constant and considerable contribution in the dimensions of health, environment and the community.
1Based on 2013 Office of the Commissioner of Insurance market share statistics
We offer excellent career prospects and attractive remuneration package to the right candidates.