Manage internal application development teams and external IT Solution Providers to build, integrate and deliver Information System and Technology Solutions to AXA China Region Insurance Company
This is a Hong Kong application management role. The role is to manage a small team of subordinates (internal or external) to perform day-to-day solution delivery activities, and be accountable for the solution estimation, quality and efficiency of all HK systems.
1. Lead internal development team and internal (AXA Asia/AXA Group Solution/AXA Tech) / external IT Solution Providers to provide application solution estimation to support continuous growth of demand against frontend technologies
2. Encapsulate technical details of the solution, translate and communicate them as benefits and risks to allow business to evaluate solutions in business perspective
3. Accountable for delivering application solution to meet agreed baseline estimate
4. Ensure application solution meet AXA’s policies, standards and quality requirement
5. Support Project Managers in managing scope, schedule, and cost throughout the project delivery life cycle across multiple medium to large scale IT projects
6. Manage technical issues and mitigate technical risks
7. Manage maintenance work transition from Solution Providers to the Production Support team
8. Communicate confirmed scope and schedule change of IT projects with Solution Providers
9. Approve software migration package prepared by Solution Providers
10. Coordinate with Release Management for production migration and promotion
• University degree in Computer Science or related fields
• A minimum of 6 years experience in IT solution delivery, with experience in managing a team of subordinates to deliver IT solutions. Preferably in consulting services, insurance & financial services field
• Preferably in managing external vendors to deliver applications that meet company defined quality standards
• Strong solution delivery management skills and experience, and a proven track record of implementing multiple medium to large-scale systems in parallel
• Strong inter-personal and presentation skills
• Excellent verbal and written English communication
• Fluent in Cantonese
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
AXA Hong Kong, a member of the AXA Group, prides itself of serving over 1 million customers in Hong Kong and Macau. Besides being one of the largest health protection providers in Hong Kong, it is also the number 1 General Insurance provider1 and a market leader in motor insurance.
AXA Hong Kong is committed to helping its customers achieve stability and prosperity through providing a comprehensive range of life, health, property and casualty protection, as well as wealth management and retirement solutions.
We believe it is our inherent responsibility to support the communities we operate in, hence creating a sustainable business via constant and considerable contribution in the dimensions of health, environment and the community.
1Based on 2013 Office of the Commissioner of Insurance market share statistics
We offer excellent career prospects and attractive remuneration package to the right candidates.