Purpose of the Role:
To build, integrate and deliver IT systems / solutions to AXA China Region Insurance Company
This is a Hong Kong application development role. The role is to develop applications, manage the internal and external IT Solution Providers, to perform day-to-day solution delivery activities, and be accountable for the solution estimation, quality and efficiency of all HK systems. This role is also accountable for the interface between HK systems and Regional systems, and ensures the successful launch of Regional systems for HK.
• Provide solution estimation for in-house built applications for all system development work
• Translate business requirements to technical details of the solution and communicate with the IT Solution Providers
• Accountable for delivering application solution to meet agreed baseline estimate
• Ensure application solution meet AXA’s policies, standards and quality requirement
• Support Project Managers in managing scope, schedule, and cost throughout the project delivery life cycle
• Manage technical issues and mitigate technical risks
• Manage maintenance work transition from Solution Providers to the Production Support team
• Build solution with confirmed scope and schedule change of IT projects
• Prepare solution implementation plan with support and maintenance team, and all related parties
• Coordinate with Release Management for production migration and promotion
Qualification / Experience:
• University degree in Computer Science or related fields.
• Experience in IT solution delivery. Preferably from consulting business, insurance & financial services field.
• Experience in managing external vendors to deliver applications that meet company defined quality standards
• Experience in managing development team to build complex interfaces between multiple IT systems
• Knowledge on on premise infrastructure, virtualization, containerization
• Knowledge on ETL process, data analysis
• Knowledge on SAP Business Object
• Familiar with network programming on various protocol, format, batch/online interfaces
• Extensive knowledge on SDLC
• Strong solution delivery management skills and experience, and a proven track record of implementing medium to large-scale systems
• Solid experience of managing and coordinating delivery resources from multiple teams, onshore and offshore, in-house and vendor
• Solid experience in managing solution delivery through outsourcing arrangement and offshore development centre
• Experience in various domains of Insurance solution delivery (for example, distribution systems, business intelligence, CRM, printing solution, etc).
• Strong inter-personal and presentation skills
• Excellent verbal and written English communication
• Fluent in Cantonese
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
AXA Hong Kong, a member of the AXA Group, prides itself of serving over 1 million customers in Hong Kong and Macau. Besides being one of the largest health protection providers in Hong Kong, it is also the number 1 General Insurance provider1 and a market leader in motor insurance.
AXA Hong Kong is committed to helping its customers achieve stability and prosperity through providing a comprehensive range of life, health, property and casualty protection, as well as wealth management and retirement solutions.
We believe it is our inherent responsibility to support the communities we operate in, hence creating a sustainable business via constant and considerable contribution in the dimensions of health, environment and the community.
1Based on 2013 Office of the Commissioner of Insurance market share statistics
We offer excellent career prospects and attractive remuneration package to the right candidates.