The Senior Enterprise Architect will be member of the COO-CTO Global Infrastructure Architecture team within the COO-CTO organisation. Working as part of a small team of Group-wide Architecture team, the Senior Enterprise Architect is responsible for providing architecture, vision, problem anticipation, and problem solving for IT on an enterprise level (enterprise architecture spans Business Architecture, IS Architecture, Data Architecture, and Technical Architecture). The individual in this position understands the IS of the Group and anticipates future directions of the IT industry to relate them to future business needs and projects.
The Senior Enterprise Architect will produce key architecture deliverables, lead international workgroups and studies to establish IT directions for the Group, and may be called upon to provide any level of project management for single or multiple projects, and will work closely with his/her peers in the Regional Service Delivery organizations to ensure the mission and objectives of the AXA Tech organisation are accomplished.
- Clients: AXA Group and AXA Technology Services CTO & Regional Service Delivery Organizations
- Managed infrastructure: AXA Global Infrastructure and sub-components
Focus of the first 365 days
- Responsible for the development of cloud solutions components, design and architecture catalogues
- Support and Guide the Regional CTO Teams, and the corporate programs.
- Participation in the Global Architecture Governance (Solutions Architecture Board and regional CTO executive meeting depending on the agenda)
- Take a lead in the Global Architecture Projects Portfolio to help scope and plan global and regional projects
- Active participation in cross organizational Architectural Consultation and Governance
ARCHITECTURE SOLUTIONS AND DEVELOPMENT
Responsible for developing Global Enterprise Infrastructure Strategies and Vision
Develop Technical Architecture Standards & Solutions
Ensure consistent global delivery of solutions
Publication & distribution of architectural documents (whitepapers, reference architecture & strategy docs)
Ensure architecture and engineering solutions meet business requirements
Ensure architecture compliance to security standards
Proactively assisting in defining direction for future projects
Product evaluations & recommendations
With the help of ATS support functions (Finance, Procurement, …), assess financial and contractual impacts of proposed solutions
Participate in the AXA Tech Global Architecture Governance
Facilitate collaboration and best practices sharing between regional teams including organization of regular meetings
CONTRIBUTION TO MAJOR IT PROGRAMS
The senior enterprise architect is part of major IT programs teams, under responsibility of a stream leader / program director,
Define and/or validate high level design of infrastructure to be built,
Contribute to the decision-making process on architecture topics,
Pro-active risk assessment, problem solving,
Follow up of low level design and implementation performed by the delivery teams,
Evangelization and communication about key architecture concepts.
TEAMWORK AND CROSS-TRAINING
Participate in on-going cross-training exercises and sessions with team peers & regional architects to ensure consistent support for the Infrastructure ecosystem
- Senior Enterprise Architect must exhibit Strategic Thinking, in addition to strong Business, Technical, and Financial acumen.
- On Architecture skills Senior Enterprise Architect is expected to possess expertise in the areas of Analysis, Architecture Standards, Information Systems Knowledge, Innovation, Knowledge of Emerging Technology, Risk Management, Systems Thinking, Application Rationalization/TCO, IT Security, Technical Problem Solving and Solution Management.
- Technical skills in:
- Cloud solutions (AWS, Azure)
- IT components: AD, DNS, NTP, …
- Security & Identity management: IAM, PUAM, encryption, WAF, SIEM, …
- Network, routing, firewalling
- IT management: ITSM, configuration management, CMDB, …
- DevOps & IT/IS project management, and dedicated tools: Forge, post-configuration tools, …
- Evaluate emerging technologies which will achieve optimal benefit while mitigating technical and financial risk.
- Provide consultancy, advice and assistance to the Regional Engineers.
- Produce white papers, roadmaps and technical documents for global publication.
- The TOGAF certification is a strong asset.
NON TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Strong leadership, self motivated, self starter and ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to collaborate with a Global team, share relevant information, seek to convince others, know how to listen effectively and promote a team spirit.
- Collaborate with vendors and strategic partners and take responsibility for architecture, design and solutions development.
- Critical Thinking and ability to take decisions.
- Client focused and service minded.
- Communication skills (both oral and written) to develop and deliver the key messages for our customer and internally within AXA Tech.
- Ability to produce high quality documentation.
- Action / results oriented, energetic and positive to drive key activities and initiatives to completion that meet the joint goals of AXA Tech and its clients.
- International profile, i.e. candidate must have a proven ability to work effectively in an international environment.
Taking into account the multi cultural environment, a good english knowledge in speaking and writing is mandatory (level 3 / extensive).
§ Must have 10/15+ years experience of :
o IT Strategy and/or Enterprise Architecture or possibly in Solutions Architecture if within very large projects/environments
o Strong Change Management skills with practical experience of transformation in an international context
- Experience in the Insurance (or Financial Services Industry) a strong asset
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
To support our business strategy and digital transformation, AXA is building a new Group Information Security Practice to ensure a coordinated response to the increasing cyber security threat, enable risk decisions to be made consistently across the organization and establish sustainable security capabilities that are integrated with the business.
Our vision for Information Security is to ‘protect our stakeholders by securing our information assets, managing our cyber risk and enabling business strategies in an efficient and effective way, fully supported by executive leadership and underpinned by all AXA employees’.
At AXA, we lead a an HR policy that encourages diversity, maintains your professional and private life balance and accelerates the skills and career development : promotion of diversity, remuneration policy, training device, ... Discover everything that makes AXA an employer of choice.
Whatever your job is, we strive to offer you career opportunities. Our goal is to develop your skills to support the transformation of our changing business.