Big data/ Data Modelling
- Develop predictive models and statistically rigorous advanced model scripts to support data science & analytics initiatives
- Perform advanced analysis using statistical techniques & algorithms to facilitating effective targeting, segmentation, and identification of opportunities around cross-sell / up-sell, retention and marketing program optimization
- Ability to perform the big data analytics processes on massive data sets from different data sources: explanatory and targeted data analyses, generate and test working hypotheses, analyze historical data and identify features & signals
- Captures, tracks and dynamically diagnose models-in-use for effectiveness (e.g. Gradient boosting tree, Random forest etc.)
- Work with business partners and external vendors / partners on acquiring and compiling new external data sources for the enrichment of big data analytics database
- Manage BI solution development and implementation for various MI reporting (e.g. Tableau)
Customer Insights into business application
- Deploy analytics capabilities ranging from organization BI to advanced models to improve ongoing insight generation process and the application of such in business relevant way
- Commercialization of insights from data scientists under a customer-centric, need-based context and turn into strategy to business lines and distribution models
- Ability to successfully convey all valuable insights with business action recommendations through effective presentation
- Adhoc strategy projects covering regional data & API management, customer segmentation, customer campaigns, business strategy reviews etc.
- Graduate or advanced degree qualifications in quantitative related subjects (e.g. Statistics, Maths, Engineering, Actuarial, etc).
4-6 years of relevant working experience in data analytics field as statistician / analyst / data scientist
Good knowledge of predictive modelling, big data analysis, and data science projects: machine learning, statistical modeling, and data mining techniques & algorithms (e.g. logistic regression, linear regression, random forest, neural network, cluster analysis, time series, survival analysis etc.)
- Solid experience in scripting/programming language like Python, R, SAS, SQL
- Familiar with Hadoop, Hue, Spark, HIVE and any BI tool (e.g. Tableau) will be advantage
Previous exposure to / knowledge of insurance industry will be an asset
Strong analytical mind with focus on attention to detail
Proactive and with a can-do attitude
Good command of English, Cantonese and preferably Mandarin
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
AXA Hong Kong, a member of the AXA Group, prides itself of serving over 1 million customers in Hong Kong and Macau. Besides being one of the largest health protection providers in Hong Kong, it is also the number 1 General Insurance provider1 and a market leader in motor insurance.
AXA Hong Kong is committed to helping its customers achieve stability and prosperity through providing a comprehensive range of life, health, property and casualty protection, as well as wealth management and retirement solutions.
We believe it is our inherent responsibility to support the communities we operate in, hence creating a sustainable business via constant and considerable contribution in the dimensions of health, environment and the community.
1Based on 2013 Office of the Commissioner of Insurance market share statistics
We offer excellent career prospects and attractive remuneration package to the right candidates.