The AXA Group Risk Management brings together high level and multidisciplinary staff with engineers, actuaries and financials split between Paris, Zurich, Madrid and the US.
Its mains missions are focused on the following key areas:
- Analyze, model and aggregate the Group’s risks (economic capital and emergence of economic value),
- Define the process enabling to limit the undertaken risks (assets accumulation, longevity, natural catastrophe...)
- Optimize the Group’s protection (reinsurance, securitization, etc.).
As part of the new Solvency II regulation, AXA has developed its own internal model for the calculation of the economic capital. The GRM Life team is responsible for the developments linked to the Life risks (Mortality, Longevity, etc.) and works continuously on the model’s improvements and on the quantification of these risks.
The Health & Protection team’s missions consist in piloting and managing the risks linked to the Health & Protection businesses which are at the core of the Group’s ambition for its development.
The team directly reports to the Group’s Life, Savings and Health CRO.
Within this team, the LTC and Disability expert pilots and manages the LTC and Disability risks.
As a Risk Manager, the LTC expert is both an active controller of local teams’ activities and a business partner.
He/she is in charge of providing methods, metrics and tools to help AXA measure the risks it is exposed to, choose which risks to keep or ceed, and orientate its strategy.
- be responsible for the internal model methodology for LTC and Disability and deployment within the entities, improve the Group’s LTC modeling, he/she is in charge of the interactions with the ACPR and auditors regarding these risk
- build and monitor the Group’s LTC risk appetite,
- provide second opinion on entities’ LTC products across the Group,
- lead In-Depth-Reviews (IDR) for businesses with a predominant morbidity risk with a focus on pricing and best estimate assumptions and their link with Underwriting and Claims management, managing On-site review with local teams (CEO, CRO, Chief actuary…) and writing of a report for the Group’s Top Management including alerts and recommendations,
- contribute to the Product Approval (PAP) process,
- contribute to spreading risk culture for Life insurance business.
Technical and professional skills:
- Knowledge of Protection business especially stand-alone LTC and Disability products with and without savings component
- Knowledge of SII framework
- Strong statistical, actuarial and modeling skills
- Knowledge of reinsurance and underwriting technics
- Ability to work with Big Data experts and technics
- IT skills include SAS, R, VBA
- Fluent written and spoken English
Soft skills and competencies:
- Ability to work with a team in a multicultural environment
- Ability to lead working groups and projects, work in project mode
- Ability to communicate with various stakeholders (Management Committee, Life CROs, actuarial experts, mathematical experts, ACPR, internal/external auditors), and write reports destined to AXA Group and AXA entities’ Top Management
- Demonstrate accuracy, quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Be organized, autonomous, have a sense of responsibilities
- Be innovative and flexible, show ability to listen and pragmatism
The position entails the management of a CDD or an intern.
- Major in statistics, actuarial sciences, finance, Master (BAC+5) or PhD, university or “Ecole” (ENSAE, ISFA, ISUP, EURIA…)
- 5 to 8 years in an insurance company or a consulting firm with experience in Life & Savings, Protection, finance, modeling
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things. In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
The headquarters of the AXA Group, based in Paris 8th, brings together the Group's corporate activities. It coordinates the various entities with the Group's strategy, and is responsible for managing international projects. The headquarters has approximately 800 employees and is distinguished by its strong international culture (39 nationalities).