Created in January 2014, the Data Innovation Lab (DIL) acts for the Group as a business-focused center of expertise on data analytics to foster R&D for AXA’s offers and services. The DIL supports AXA entities’ big data projects by acting as an accelerator to carry out pilots and drives the creation of technological platforms to ease the operational roll-out. We have gathered both the latest data science tools and a team of experts in innovation, data and data science.
The DIL’s key mission is to help AXA entities become data-driven companies by contributing to build technological platforms, acting as a technological hub that explores technological opportunities for the insurance business.
Its approach for supporting entities’ projects relies on 4 principles: “Entrepreneurial spirit”, “Fail fast”, “Agile” and “Learning by doing”.
We strengthen the team and we are looking for a Data Scientist
directly reporting to the Chief Data Scientist who plays a crucial role in embodying the data science for the Group, in contributing to promote data science topics through the whole entities, helping entities in integrating data science in their organization (developing activities and attracting / hiring people) and creating / animating the Group AXA data scientist network to ensure a global strategy and approach consistency.
As Data Scientist, your main mission will be to provide your deep technical expertise both to shape the data strategy of the company and to provide actual solutions to business challenges faced currently by operational entities in the field of customer processes, business processes and new services.
Contribute to the data strategy of the company:
- Build and promote data strategic assets for the business: marketing, products, services and tools
- Maintain and evolve the part of the innovation process linked to the data science activity
- Put in place the metrics and the dashboards for data science activity to give visibility
- Promote and evolves the innovation process within the Data Science community
- Link business needs to technical solutions
Technical and soft skills:
- Strong scientific education (engineering school, PhD), ideally professional experience in research (fundamental or applied)
- Ability to model the reality of business into equations, and to understand the implications and limitations of a model
- Strong experience in data processing (e.g. data mining, social network analysis, text mining,…). Practice with database access (SQL; optionally Pig and Hive), including NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, CouchDB, JSON files,…)
- Practice with data visualization (eg. Matplotlib, plot.ly, C3.js, Dataiku, Tableau, Highcharts, etc.)
- Good knowledge and practice of machine learning, including libraries (e.g. scikit-learn, Spark MLlib, R packages)
- Professional experience in machine learning applied to business is a plus
- Practice with a modern distributed computing framework (like Spark)
- Appreciated: practice with tools like git, Kafka, Redis, Riak, etc.
- Autonomy, curiosity and innovation capability
- Good relationship / communication skills
- English—fluent in speaking and writing—mandatory
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team, on complex projects that involve many different stakeholders
- Business oriented
- Customer oriented
- Results focused
- Able to bring a disruptive and innovative mindset
- 2 years of strong professional experience as a researcher in a research center or in a university laboratory, or as a R&D team member in an innovating company
- Work experience in an international environment is a plus
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things. In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
The headquarters of the AXA Group, based in Paris 8th, brings together the Group's corporate activities. It coordinates the various entities with the Group's strategy, and is responsible for managing international projects. The headquarters has approximately 800 employees and is distinguished by its strong international culture (39 nationalities).