- Provide superior technical security expertise to ensure that the Security Operations Centre (SOC) is always delivering a professional service to its customers
- Conduct detailed analytical queries and investigations, identify areas that require specific attention, identify indicators of compromise (IOC) or events of interest (EOI) that need further investigation and develop use cases and rules to be developed into the SIEM platform
- Develop and improve Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) content and all other technologies used in the team, continually refining the rules and logic to make the detection capabilities more efficient and effective
- Create and enhance internal processes and procedures
- Professional communications and reporting to SOC stakeholders and customers
- Act as a mentor to all First Level Security Analysts, support and supervise them, ensure knowledge transfer within the team
- Deliver qualified information about actual threats and indications, recommendations how the associated risk can be mitigated
- Contribute to the overall performance and success of the Security Operations Centre
- Build on and continuously improve SOC analytics framework
- Ensure effective operation of SIEM content: filters, rules, expressions and other identification mechanisms of the threat and vulnerability management technologies used within the SOC
- Mentor and guide the First Level Security Analysts
- Provides professional data analysis within the SOC processes and to SOC customers in order to drive further security measures and risk mitigation activities.
- Responsible for execution and maintenance of SOC related analytical processes and tasks
- Detailed technical security reporting to AXA operating companies and appropriate stakeholders
- Work closely with other Information Security teams to ensure effective intrusion detection and incident response
- Continually maintain and improve technical capabilities through individual development activities, accreditations and certifications to remain constantly prepared to challenge the ever-evolving cyber threat
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or adequate experience if a degree from unrelated field
- An MSc Information Security would be desirable but is not essential
- Information Security and/or Information Technology industry certification (GIAC, CISSP or equivalent) strongly preferred
Overall work experience in the field
- Experience in information security domain > 7 years
- Experience in network and/or firewall engineering, system administration, design and implementation or related field > 5 years
- Experience in security analysis and SIEM content development > 3 years
- Experience in penetration testing > 2 years
- Work experience in a global organization > 3 years
Skills / abilities
- Deep information security expertise
- Excellent knowledge of one of the SIEM products
- Knowledge of network technologies, Windows and Unix administration
- Knowledge of typical security devices such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, AV and End Point security, Web Application Firewalls, anti-spam systems, event correlation systems, etc.
- Understanding of security threats, attack scenarios; analysis and intrusion detection skills
- Excellent analytical skills and out-of-the box thinking
- Excellent communication capabilities
- Team player
- Fluent in English
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
To support our business strategy and digital transformation, AXA is building a new Group Security Practice to ensure a coordinated response to the increasing cyber security threat, enable risk decisions to be made consistently across the organization and establish sustainable security capabilities that are integrated with the business.
Our vision for Information Security is to ‘protect our stakeholders by securing our information assets, managing our cyber risk and enabling business strategies in an efficient and effective way, fully supported by executive leadership and underpinned by all AXA employees’.
At AXA, we lead a an HR policy that encourages diversity, maintains your professional and private life balance and accelerates the skills and career development : promotion of diversity, remuneration policy, training device, ... Discover everything that makes AXA an employer of choice.
Whatever your job is, we strive to offer you career opportunities. Our goal is to develop your skills to support the transformation of our changing business.