The SHIP2 (SHared Investment accounting Platform) project is a part of the Investment Accounting & Controlling Program, launched in 2006 under the AXA Group CFO sponsorship. This program aims at harmonizing systems, processes & organization for Investment Accounting in Europe and achieves benefits:
- Lower running cost
- Lower cost of adapting to new regulations (Solvency II, IFRS 9, …) or new investor relations requirements
- Increased consistency of financial reporting
- Lower costs of integrating future acquisitions
The main objective of the SHIP2 project is:
- Implementing shared investment platform to the largest AXA insurance entities
- Harmonizing processes and accounting standards
- Set up a Shared Services Organisation
The implementation project has started in January 2010 and is expected to end in 2018. 10 European countries use the Ship financial platform and Japan, US and other countries will join from 2016 to 2018
The platform operates by two shared organizations: a Center of Excellence (CoE) acting as a hub for technical expertise, located in Paris, and a Financial Shared Service Center (FSSC).
As a member of the CoE – Product Experts Team, you will be in charge of supporting all activities related to Trade and Assert servicing (TAS) and Data management.
As CoE member for TAS stream and as an expert on investment accounting :
Based in Paris,
Main responsibilities are to:
- Identify, understand and formalize country specificities and specific transactions
- Manage new projects for a part of the scope ( new regulation, portfolios/companies mergers, new company, new financial product, … ) by analyzing and specifying all impacts on IT solution and also implementing all impacts on business processes
- Supervise and audit the FSSC activities,
- As a second level of escalation, assist the FSSC on trade entry and posting, solve any issue encountered and interface with the FSSC, the asset managers, the local investment teams, the central data management, the custodians
- Support the offshored teams during closing period
- Pilot&optimize trade and asset services productivity, process monitoring and ensure process convergence
Technical and professional skills :
- Knowledge of IFRS GAAP for financial instruments accounting and/or local specificities of a European country in scope obtained through a more than 5 year experience.Or knowledge of market characteristics for financial assets (pricing, liquidity, market organization, corporate actions, financial and economic sensibilities and derivatives) obtained through training and previous experiences
- Knowledge of the Finance process domain (Trade and asset services, Investment accounting and reporting, audit)
- English mandatory
- 2nd language welcome: French, Spanish, Italian, German, Japanese
Soft skills and competencies :
At ease with international environments
- At ease with team work, and project set-up
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things. In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
The headquarters of the AXA Group, based in Paris 8th, brings together the Group's corporate activities. It coordinates the various entities with the Group's strategy, and is responsible for managing international projects. The headquarters has approximately 800 employees and is distinguished by its strong international culture (39 nationalities).