AGD’s Technical Excellence team is strengthening its resources by recruitment of a new
Reserving and Forecasting Analyst
This global Technical Excellence team consists of 5 departments:
• Claims (transformation model, claims initiatives, analytics and best practices).
• Reserving and Forecasting (reserving methodology, forecasting assumptions and enhanced reporting).
• Technical Pricing (data management, risk modelling, expense allocation and underwriting rules),
• Commercial Pricing (competitor price monitoring, customer elasticity, price optimization, pricing strategy),
• Pricing Lab (information collection and visualization tools, research & application of new statistical methods),
Main responsibilities of the Reserving and Forecasting Analyst
The Reserving and Forecasting Analyst will report directly to AGD’s Head of Reserving and Forecasting. Together, they will be working with the reserving teams in the entities on reserving projections (1st opinion), reserving best practices and forecasting assumptions and tools. They will also be discussing those findings on local and global level with the Finance and Risk Management department.
Main activities for the Reserving and Forecasting Analyst
• Reserve estimates in the local entities
o Regular follow up and monitoring of the AGD entities in technical, pricing and reserving fields. In particular, definition and analysis of relevant internal or market technical indicators, and understanding and discussion of technical decisions.
o Improving the soundness and agility of the reserve estimates, in order to allow for an efficient steering of the business and technical result at local as well as at AGD level.
o Checking and challenging the internal reserving and forecasting calculations performed locally by AGD entities.
o Helping define an action plan for each AGD entity in the reserving and forecasting area, in alignment with the local Head of Reserving, Chief Technical Officer and Chief Finance Officer.
• Consolidated view on reserves and margins
o Support to AGD’s Head of Reserving and Forecasting and Chief Finance Officer to steer AGD technical result at each closing and forecasting exercise, in order to match overall target while taking into account local market changes and strategies.
o Reliable and early detection of potential margins, proper management of those margins over time and the risk taken in each local entity, and management of the trade-off between profit and growth from a global perspective.
• Development of best practices in reserving and forecasting
o Defining the norms of best practices for all AGD entities with respect to reserving, forecasting and reporting areas.
o Alignment of the different actuarial techniques used in the entities in order to best match the very specific strategic needs of a direct business model, while still complying to existing group standards, local regulation and fiscal environment.
o Implementation of transformation projects in the reserving / forecasting expertise field, in order to reach best in class practice level in all AGD local entities.
• Forecasting tool: Contribution to the roll-out of an AGD-wide, cloud-based forecasting tool.
• Professional Family “Reserving”: Helping to establish the global reserving & forecasting professional family with members in all local AGD entities for better collaboration and knowledge building.