The Commercial Lines P&C Actuary will be in charge of the following activities:
1. Technical Excellence enhancement:
- Maintain and improve existing pricing models while contribute to developing new pricing techniques and improve the pricing sophistication;
- Contribute to the establishment of smart data strategy for actuarial purposes, optimal use of internal data and investigation around external data with potential high value on pricing;
- Ensure the spreading and sharing of pricing and portfolio management best practices across entities;
- Assess the entity’s maturity level, identify main areas of improvement, challenge and propose actions plan regarding: pricing, portfolio monitoring.
2. Portfolio management: deep dive portfolio analysis in order to identify profitable growth opportunities
- Contribute to building a better view on portfolios risk profile, GWP and CoR of the entities for each lines of business and segments;
- Analyse and use entity’s report: gather, analyse the entity information and technical reports on Commercial lines activity;
- Interact regularly with the entities regarding market trends and competitor’s position analysis ; portfolio performance and the plan progression according to pricing maturity level;
- Enhance AXA Global P&C’s understanding of local market dynamics and strategic positioning;
3. Relationships with internal & external stakeholders:
- Participate in the animation of the Commercial lines technical community;
- Contribute in developing a credible relationship and deliver solutions to the underwriters;
- Ensure a strong actuarial contribution in translating a technical analysis into a business outcome;
- Build effective relationships with key stakeholders and participate in industry lobbying group/events where relevant.
- Good understanding of P&C business, products and pricing methodologies;
- Strong P&C mathematical skills;
- Ability to peer review pricing models;
- Good programming skills: SAS, R, VBA.
Languages: Fluent English (C1/B2).
- Flexible and adaptable candidate,
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment, meet deadlines and contribute to team spirit;
- Supporting Group experts to contribute to the carry out of diagnostics;
- Ability to provide operational support to entities with a quick and pertinent analysis.
- The ideal candidate has been working in an international context and has a proven experience in a P&C environment, with a good understanding of commercial business;
- Minimum 2 years of experience, with a working autonomy and ability to propose solutions.
AXA, as one of the world leaders in financial protection, supports and advises its customers in three major business lines: Property & Casualty Insurance, Life & Savings and Asset Management. AXA Global P&C is a dynamic and innovative branch supporting the Group and its entities, which associates the flexibility of a human-sized structure (180 employees) and the power of an internationally-oriented organization. AXA Global P&C includes reinsurance and operational brokerage activity, as well as a cross-functional activity dedicated to the main P&C Business Lines: Retail insurance, Commercial Lines insurance and Claims handling.
The P&C business line is in the core of the organizational structure of the AXA Group and operates in 20+ territories, with a wide mix of operating models, market shares and stages of development.
Within the Commercial Lines department, the main mission of the Commercial Lines P&C Actuary is to be able to respond to the increasing pricing and underwriting market sophistication, critical to our success.
The Commercial Lines P&C Actuary will actively be committed to contributing in steering technical excellence for securing operational performance and achieving profitable growth.
Acting as a “challenging partner” towards entities is a key success factor in this position.
We offer lots of opportunities in a challenging environment.