To perform actuarial reserving and relevant investigations; and to provide actuarial support to the local business unit and external parties. Also supporting ad-hoc projects where actuarial knowledge is required.
- Perform data preparation for the regular actuarial reserving works and implement changes in response to business needs
- Analyse data and results to provide meaningful explanations of results and trends and provide recommendations that are relevant to the business
- Prepare actuarial reports and results summaries in appropriate form for stakeholders
- Coordinate with Regional Actuarial Services team on assumptions, methodology, results and information required
- Assist in the preparation of various financial measures required in the company’s strategy planning
- Review work of more junior staff for consistency, reasonableness, comprehensiveness and suitability for purpose
- Provides ad-hoc support for the local business in line with priorities
- Propose and implement improvements to regular departmental processes, analyses, reports and documentation.
- Maintain a clearly documented audit trail of data, assumptions, methods and financial results
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of processes
- Passed SOA examination courses 1-4 or equivalent
- 1-3 years’ experience in the General Insurance
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail minded, self-motivated, able to work under pressure
- Good verbal and written English skills
(Candidates with less experience will be considered as Assistant Analyst)
At AXA, we help millions of people around the world by protecting them, their families, belongings, assets, businesses and their future.
We are one of the top 50 global brands, the first insurance brand and one of the world's leading asset managers, with revenues close to 100 billion euros. We are present in 59 countries and work with 161,000 colleagues to serve 103 million customers worldwide.
We are leading the transformation of our industry and looking for talented individuals to be part of this transformation: individuals who care and who want to work in an environment where trust and inclusion foster innovation.
AXA Hong Kong, a member of the AXA Group, prides itself of serving over 1 million customers in Hong Kong and Macau. Besides being one of the largest health protection providers in Hong Kong, it is also the number 1 General Insurance provider1 and a market leader in motor insurance.
AXA Hong Kong is committed to helping its customers achieve stability and prosperity through providing a comprehensive range of life, health, property and casualty protection, as well as wealth management and retirement solutions.
We believe it is our inherent responsibility to support the communities we operate in, hence creating a sustainable business via constant and considerable contribution in the dimensions of health, environment and the community.
1Based on 2013 Office of the Commissioner of Insurance market share statistics
We offer excellent career prospects and attractive remuneration package to the right candidates.