Within P&C, Insurance Procurement mission is to improve our operations and our supply chain, from a combined ratio standpoint, productivity, customer experience and operational risk. Main categories are bodyshop repairs, spare parts, paint, glass breakage, attorneys, etc. The total spend is EUR 6 billion per year. The IP workforce amount to more than 200 FTE worldwide.
The Group IP P&C central team defines the strategies and executes transformation projects through joint teams with entities called “IP taskforces”.
One priority program decided by the P&C Board is to increase orientation and concentration to the AXA agreed bodyshops. The business objectives are to deliver EUR 200-250 million of productivity and a superior customer experience by 2020 (bodyshop = EUR 2.5 billion).
First step of the plan is to set up, in each entity, an end-to-end strategy across P&C functions defining the vision, roles and responsibilities and cascaded objectives and targets. This strategy must address 4 pillars that support orientation performance: offer & operations, distribution engagement, customer engagement, organization people & tools. It has to be implemented and optimized in a transversal project mode (“scrum mode” across P&C functions including claims, IP, distribution, marketing, IT …). It is a learn by doing process with a review of action results every month/quarter in order to improve step by step.
Secondary mission is to work on other IP projects depending on workload balance.
The role contributes to the P&C strategy implementation at Group level by translating strategy and concepts into action, ensuring tangible business results.
Main focus of the role:
- Ensure the deployment of the “Orientation initiative” across European entities in close collaboration with Group IP Director
- Set up, coordinate and facilitate the interactions inside and across functions & entities in order to secure project delivery (local project managers, P&C leader, distribution, marketing, offer, claims, IP, ops …)
- Define and set the method and tools that are necessary to manage the deployment of the project across multi entities (detailed business plan, planning, risk analysis, mitigation plan, stakeholder communication, templates, KPI …….)
- Create added value with business experts and key stakeholders by challenging and providing alternative insights & perspectives
- Support and provide proven and custom-made structured analysis (problem solving)
- Design with subject matter experts high level processes, identify new transversal capabilities and define new target operating models
The project manager works under the authority of the Group IP Director with a high level of autonomy. He/she defines his/her priorities, structures challenges, establishes action plans, and drives momentum in line with customers’ needs in the business. The management oversight is delivered at key milestones and over regular meetings (monthly governance). A large level of autonomy and self-governance is required. The project manager has no support resources. He/she is solely accountable to deliver what is expected by the management.
The project manager continuously interacts with groups over which he/she has no formal authority: group IP / Project Management resources, P&C subject matter experts and communities, business line stakeholders, etc. - in multiple countries.
Flexibility is a prerequisite as the scope of work can vary depending on demand and priorities.
Technical and professional skills
- Capable to capture and structure large quantities of information, to focus on the relevant elements and to translate abstract content into action
- Ability to break down complex issues and topics to essential elements and to assemble key findings and recommendations in a structured manner (helicopter view)
- Practical, hands on approach to deliver concrete results and to structure the environment in the way that is necessary to drive actions
- Adapts fast to changing requirements
- Able to support the implementation of the required governance
- Business / commercial thinking
- Persistent way of working
- Good understanding of P&C insurance business
- Strong experience in project management (planning, risk, budget, communication)
- Ideally, good understanding of P&C insurance functions
- Change leadership, promote and drive profound organizational changes
- Proven complex, multi-cultural, multi-lingual project management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines (“doer profile”)
- Strong team player, including ability to work in multi-cultural team with no hierarchical structures
- Ability to deal with very different personalities at various hierarchy / seniority levels and various organizations / countries / cultures
- Influence, towards peers and also towards more senior colleagues
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively
- Creative outlook and questioning mindset, not afraid of unclear and ambiguous situations where you need to invent the path for success
- Discretion given range of confidential information
- 5-10 years of professional experience required, preferably within AXA or in another insurance company
- At least 3 years of practical experience in project management,
- Preferably experience working in an international environment.
- Ideally, practical experience in P&C insurance, pricing and spare parts
- Preferably experience working in an international environment.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things. In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
The headquarters of the AXA Group, based in Paris 8th, brings together the Group's corporate activities. It coordinates the various entities with the Group's strategy, and is responsible for managing international projects. The headquarters has approximately 800 employees and is distinguished by its strong international culture (39 nationalities).