The position is inside the Financial Risk Management team of the AXA Group, which core missions are to report and manage financial risks (market, credit, liquidity), support local operating units in developing best-in-class FRM, participate to Solvency2 related actions and provide advice in the investment decision process at Group level (2nd opinion).
Support the investment decision making and monitoring processes throughout the AXA Group and especially at Group level. Strengthen the sum of local, regional and global financial risks teams regarding their role in the investment decision making and monitoring processes. Identify potential financial risks emerging and not yet on the radar screen.
The activities are linked to the "investment approval process” (IAP), a process rolled out at global, regional and local level where investment decisions are made. The IAP ensures a diligent review of new (non-plain-vanilla) investment proposals by investment-, risk- and accounting teams (as well as legal, tax) and provides a 1st and a 2nd opinion to the decision maker. The job holder champions the risk management role within the IAP and investment monitoring.
The main activities are:
- Production of GRM 2nd opinion for investment approved at Group level: Analysis of investment risks; development of recommendations and requirements for risk mitigation; coordination of activities with local financial risk teams until investment implementation.
- Managing the information flow from and to local entities. Monitoring local investment approval processes and coaching local financial risk teams regarding their 2nd opinion role; sharing of information and expertise, e.g. via Webex.
- Ensure adequate follow-up of past investment decisions implementation as well as market developments
- Contribute to identification and analysis of potential financial risks emerging which are not yet on the radar screen and to the preparation of the quarterly Financial Risk Watch.
Additional activities include:
- Participate in the definition of adequate risk capital charges for new assets
- Provide opinions on asset eligibility frameworks or investment mandates.
- Support the monitoring of past investments, in particular in light of market developments
- Follow-up of local investment committees
Knowledge of financial markets and financial instruments ; financial risk awareness, CFA, FRM or comparable qualification would be a plus
Understanding of insurance business, especially ALM constraints (Life and Savings)
Soft skills and competencies:
Strong organization skills,
Strong people and communication skills (oral and in writing), especially to senior management and local FRM teams
Team spirit and team working
Ability to work under pressure, in flexible environment
Ability to work in an intercultural environment
Ability to challenge
5 to 7years of relevant experience, with exposure to: financial risk management and/or capital markets and/or asset management and/or asset & liability management,
Fluent English is essential (all meetings, notes, presentations in English).
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things. In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
The headquarters of the AXA Group, based in Paris 8th, brings together the Group's corporate activities. It coordinates the various entities with the Group's strategy, and is responsible for managing international projects. The headquarters has approximately 800 employees and is distinguished by its strong international culture (39 nationalities).