Be the expert within PBRC with respect to actuarial accounting matters (other than employee benefits), including IFRS reserves and actuarial intangible assets. Interact with auditors and represent the Group in external forums on those topics.
The financial reporting actuary is responsible for documenting and updating the Group accounting principles for reserves and actuarial intangible assets, interacting as necessary with the PBRC financial and controlling teams and accompanying them when necessary in interactions with the AXA affiliates.
Reserving and intangibles norms
- Maintain the Group accounting manual for:
Manage the annual goodwill impairment test
Follow new standards and the need to review and/or update Group’s accounting policies and reporting tools
Liaise with Group auditors
Interact with financial and controlling teams and support them in exchanges with affiliates on reserving and intangibles
- Represent the company in external insurance bodies on reserving and intangibles (e.g. Insurance Accounting Group of the CFO Forum)
- Develop trainings for local entities and for PBRC
- Actuarial expertise required on valuation and accounting topics: primarily goodwill impairment testing, DAC and Purchase GAAP exercises
- Knowledge and understanding of the diversity of insurance contracts in the world
- Ability to consider financial information under different standards and frameworks. Familiarity with USGAAP and/or US products is an advantage.
- More than 5 years’experience post-qualification as an actuary is requested
- Fluent English
- Effective communication, ability to explain technical data and highlight key risks for non-technical people
- High degree of autonomy and initiative
- Team worker with a clear ability to build high quality relationships with all stakeholders
- Training abilities on reserving and intangible matters
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things. In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
The headquarters of the AXA Group, based in Paris 8th, brings together the Group's corporate activities. It coordinates the various entities with the Group's strategy, and is responsible for managing international projects. The headquarters has approximately 800 employees and is distinguished by its strong international culture (39 nationalities).