Context & background
Financial Controlling is the department dedicated to controlling, analyzing, commenting and reporting the financial information that is delivered to Group Management and to external parties (mostly shareholders, analysts, auditors and supervisors).
The Financial Controlling team is made of nine Financial Controlling Managers based in Paris led by two Area Managers. Some financial controlling tasks are performed by an extended team based in Bangalore (India) of approximately twenty financial controllers. Each manager supervises remotely from Paris two to three Financial Controllers based in Bangalore on a dotted line basis.
The managers are fully in charge of the financial reporting of a specific geographic perimeter and they also lead transversal reporting tasks. This requires an effective and trustful relationship with entities and strong interaction with Group teams. (Interaction extends to the Group CFO, the Group Strategic Planning team, the Global Business lines, Investor Relations, and others depending on the processes and deliveries).
The "Geographical poles" are two teams of financial controllers in charge of
- controlling, analyzing, challenging, commenting and reporting financial indicators and the contribution to the Group’s financial result of the entities there are following on a daily basis. This requires an effective and trustful relationship with entities and strong interactions with other teams at PBRC the consolidation team, the norms team, the actuaries team, IFC team and the SHIP & Copernic teams..
- the consolidation of the production of all internal/external P&L analyses and disclosures from the organization to the delivery including the release of instructions, the coordination of processes, data controlling and financial analysis. Those transversal processes require strong interactions with key stakeholders such as the Group CFO, Investor Relations, Global Business Line, Group Strategic Planning, as well as Corporate Finance, Risk Management, Marketing, Distribution, Legal, Procurement, Comp & Ben, Operations or Corporate Responsibility teams.
The general mission of this position is, for a given geographic scope:
- To analyze and challenge all financial and business information that is reported internally (mostly for the Management Committee) or externally (Annual report, Investor Relations disclosures, Auditors, Regulators or Investors). His/her team is the key contact within PBRC for the entities concerning any business and profitability topic.
- To give visibility to the various stakeholders on the results, on the performance and on the associated risks/ uncertainties of the Group and the entities he/she is in charge of.
- To manage a team of two to three financial controllers based in Bangalore in India
- To lead transversal projects or studies and adapt reporting to the strategy and the regulatory evolutions.
- To actively coordinate and communicate both with entities and all Group functions that are involved in PBRC’s finance processes (for example, with Investor Relations, Global Business Lines).
1. Financial Responsibilities:
- Organize and supervise the production and the analysis of economic/financial information provided by the entities within defined timeframes. Assist the entities in delivering the information.
- Identify, analyze, quantify and report the risks and uncertainties that could impact the IFRS consolidated results of the entities
- Ensure the consistency of the information and make sure that AXA Group accounting principles and processes are applied
- Take part to M&A projects (including PGAAP) and facilitate the integration of new subsidiaries in AXA Group reporting
- Lead transversal reporting ; lead meetings and decisions having a financial impact / impact on Group Reporting
- Contribute to PBRC activities across the Group (transversal projects, trainings, conferences…
2. Management responsibilities:
In the context of relocating the financial controller function to Bangalore, the production and analysis will be done in India. Hence, the manager has a management dotted line with 2 to 3 controllers based in Bangalore.
He /she will ensure an effective and smooth coordination and communication with all other Finance functions and other departments.
3. Organizational Responsibilities:
Be the owner of the PBRC processes of his/her perimeter: ensure that all deadlines are met and that all deliverables are submitted on time with good quality (no process disruptions).
Propose and implement process improvements in his/her perimeter to secure efficiency and good coordination with entities.
Level of Eduction Required
- Master Degree, University or "Bac +5", "Grandes Ecoles", graduated in Finance / Audit & Accounting/ Actuarials
- 6-8 years of Experience in Audit/Finance position
- Good knowledge of IFRS Insurance principles
- Ability to understand and apply accounting & consolidation principles / standards and actuarial practices (reserves, IFRS, EEV, Solvency II)
- Good understanding of finance concepts and of the insurance business (Life and P&C, assets & liabilities, reinsurance)
- Controlling experience and good knowledge of the financial assets (including hedge accounting)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent English
- Ability to a work in a multicultural environment with people with diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to convince and challenge senior business correspondents both at entity and Group level
- Ability to quickly build an effective and trust-based relationship with all entities & Group correspondents
- Curious, proactive, reactive with a good business sensitivity
- Ability to influence various stakeholders without a direct hierarchical relationship
- Ability to work under pressure, remaining effective at all times whilst maintaining excellent attention to quality
- Change Management
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things. In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
The headquarters of the AXA Group, based in Paris 8th, brings together the Group's corporate activities. It coordinates the various entities with the Group's strategy, and is responsible for managing international projects. The headquarters has approximately 800 employees and is distinguished by its strong international culture (39 nationalities).