- Responsible for the development and coordination of short term and long term strategic real estate plans, objectives and budgets based upon over-arching organizational goals and objectives.
- Responsible for transaction management of Property Acquisition, Disposition and Leasing and lease administration. This position will support the local head of Corporate Real Estate (CRE) in the development of feasibility studies, evaluation of viable alternatives and the ability to balance business needs.
- Responsible for ensuring performance of Property commitment database.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Management and Strategy
- Strategic planning, identifying opportunities to reduce the overall rental expenses for AXA Hong Kong and increase occupancy efficiencies while supporting the long-term business plans.
- Implements and supports short term and long range real estate planning activities including analytical evaluation of the portfolio
- Serve as primary negotiator on real estate matters including acquisition, disposition, leasing of commercial Property for business purposes (both Corporate and Agency premises) and litigation. To close out transactions in a proper manner (both acquisition and disposal) utilizing the service of outside vendors, as appropriate.
- Proactively identifies strategies to optimize AXA Hong Kong’s real estate portfolio
- Effectively performs complex cost and feasibility analyses
- Monitors critical lease dates and collaborates with regional and local business leaders
- Acts as the single point of contact for real estate planning activities
- Collaborates with the Regional Head of CRE and AXA Group to develop and execute AXA’s regional and enterprise-wide real estate objectives
- Develops recommendations based upon local real estate knowledge for review by the local Head of CRE
- Maintains local market intelligence in order to capitalize on market opportunities as well as to react to time sensitive projects and business initiatives
- Manages internal customer relationships to drive win-win requirements
- Active business liaison partner for real estate solutions, establishes solid, effective connections within local and regional corporate business groups
- Works with various parties (including legal counsels, real estate agents and consultants) for the preparation and execution of LOI, Lease agreement, or sale and purchase agreement and all other legal documents as required in real estate transactions.
- Management of relationships with local business, , Landlords and 3rd party property vendors, building management companies
- Manage all aspects of tenant/landlord correspondence, requests and issues.
- Review/monitor reports/invoices submitted by the landlords/estate agents and ensure rent and expenditure are accurate, fair and reasonable, paid in a timely fashion and in accordance with the lease
- Manages the maintenance of all lease and ownership document register
- Works independently and reports to the local Head of CRE
- Prepare the annual real estate budget
- Partners with finance professionals on business budgetary guidelines and constraints.
Risk Management and Compliance
- Ensures that all corporate and department procedures pertaining to real estate are complied with
- Maintains the required records and reports and ensure compliance with AXA Group policies and procedures
- Ensure that AXA Hong Kong meets its’ contractual obligations for exercising renewal options, or the exit of the property at lease end or lease break.
- Liaising with various parties related to lease registration, and obtaining various licenses (e.g. business license), etc.
Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
- Strong negotiations skills, strategic planning
- Excellent communication skills (Business English and Cantonese)
- Expert knowledge of NPV and ROI analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge of real estate plans, objectives, financial management and budget
- Business management, relationship management, project management, technical and financial governance
- Ability to translate complex data into simple terms
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to utilize key performance indicators/metrics
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to show judgment and initiative to accomplish job duties
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with peers and management
- Ability to contribute to data-driven presentations
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to develop and implement transaction project plans, monitor progress, resource usage and quality
- Understanding and ability to manage and control budgets
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong Team building skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization
- Strong ability to facilitate conflict to reach consensus between conflicting parties
Bachelors in Real Estate, Business administration, Post graduate in Engineering or equivalent work experience preferred.
Membership of relevant professional organization would be appreciated.
Related Work Experience
- At least 7 years’ experience in Real Estate Portfolio Management
- Preferably within a Multi-national organization
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
AXA Hong Kong, a member of the AXA Group, prides itself of serving over 1 million customers in Hong Kong and Macau. Besides being one of the largest health protection providers in Hong Kong, it is also the number 1 General Insurance provider1 and a market leader in motor insurance.
AXA Hong Kong is committed to helping its customers achieve stability and prosperity through providing a comprehensive range of life, health, property and casualty protection, as well as wealth management and retirement solutions.
We believe it is our inherent responsibility to support the communities we operate in, hence creating a sustainable business via constant and considerable contribution in the dimensions of health, environment and the community.
1Based on 2013 Office of the Commissioner of Insurance market share statistics
We offer excellent career prospects and attractive remuneration package to the right candidates.