- Perform monthly assessment of current financial exposure with a drill-down per asset classes, business lines and portfolios/mandates: distance to strategic asset allocation, credit analysis for Fixed Income investments, breaches within risk appetite framework,
- Support and assess all investment actions initiated by AXA HK investment team, corporate actions initiated by the market (Equity and Fixed Income) and capital call from asset managers (Real Estate, Private Equity and Hedge Funds),
- Monitor, assess and validate margin calls for all AXA HK derivatives positions,
- Assist in preparing annual investment plans and monitor realization of investment actions versus plan over the year with a focus on earnings and volume,
- Liaise with AXA HK local risk management, AXA HK regional risk management and AXA Group investment and reporting on all investments activities reporting,
- Work closely with finance/accounting team in providing portfolio-related information, reporting and analysis of portfolio actions under the IFRS framework,
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of external and internal fund managers, including monthly and quarterly discussions,
- Follow and understand financial markets performance and key events,
- Support the duration gap management through assets cash flow projections and analysis,
- Participate to the Monthly Investment Committees and present exposure summary, market and asset management performances and risk/return analysis,
- Ensure investments comply with local risk management framework and adhere to AXA HK regional investment policies and AXA Group guidelines,
- Suggest, lead and implement improvements to HK investment policies and processes with close interactions with risk management, financial/accounting and actuarial teams,
- Manage a Portfolio Reporting Analyst in all above tasks.
- At least 5 years of working experience in investment-related area with major financial institution, ideally in an investments support and monitoring position
- Degree holder from reputable university specialising in investment or finance
- Knowledge in financial accounting
- Project management experience is a plus
- Knowledge of insurance liabilities and understanding investments constraints applicable to insurance companies is a plus.
- Technical competence in spreadsheet modelling and strong in quantitative skills and financial analysis.
- Qualifications or studying towards completion of financial examinations (e.g. CFA, FRM, CAIA) preferred.
- A mature individual with good communication skills and a team player
- Fluent spoken and written English
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
AXA Hong Kong, a member of the AXA Group, prides itself of serving over 1 million customers in Hong Kong and Macau. Besides being one of the largest health protection providers in Hong Kong, it is also the number 1 General Insurance provider1 and a market leader in motor insurance.
AXA Hong Kong is committed to helping its customers achieve stability and prosperity through providing a comprehensive range of life, health, property and casualty protection, as well as wealth management and retirement solutions.
We believe it is our inherent responsibility to support the communities we operate in, hence creating a sustainable business via constant and considerable contribution in the dimensions of health, environment and the community.
1Based on 2013 Office of the Commissioner of Insurance market share statistics
We offer excellent career prospects and attractive remuneration package to the right candidates.