The Operational Excellence and Procurement department has to address some key challenges that are tightly related to AXA’s ambition (e.g. Global lines strategic initiatives, Efficiency, Transformation of Operations…). The Efficiency team is contributing to AXA’s ambition through creating synergies, findings savings and taking advantage of our global positioning. The team is focusing its work on three key challenges: the delivery of the 2016-2020 Efficiency Plan, the globalization of tools and the management of risks related to outsourcing and vendors in general.
To strengthen this team, we need a flexible, fast learning, practical professional with strong project management, listening and analytical skills together with if possible some familiarity with IT.
The primary mission of the job is to manage procurement global tools from the definition of tools strategy to their operational monitoring, which includes the management of relationships with vendors. The project manager will also be heavily involved in the global management of risks related to vendors.
The Project/program Manager works in in close collaboration with the Group Procurement Director and the local Chief Procurement Officers in order to secure their impact and contribution on the Procurement transformation and its operational efficiency.
This job has an international exposure and includes the management of a remote team performing the business as usual activities on tools (migration, issue resolution, report production…) and working on different subjects with various professional families (operational excellence, procurement, IT, data privacy, operational risk, audit…)
In particular, he/she will work at global level across AXA entities and will:
- Lead the development of the tool strategy and the deployment strategy of the 5-year roadmap for Procurement. This would include innovative solutions such as for example big data driven analytics.
- Lead global projects/initiatives in collaboration with regional & local entities with a focus on operations leveraging state of the art technology solutions.
- Impulse the Procurement transformation in its perimeter and projects/initiatives, including the use of new analytics
- Capture new business needs (from buyers, business partners…), arbitrate and integrate them into the functional evolution roadmap of procurement processes & tools
- Supervise the operational monitoring of the procurement tools, including relationships with vendors, the supervision of a team of 4FTEs in India, data privacy and information security matters, the management of a global solution committee, collaboration with local champions and the necessary arbitrages to be made
- Carry out other transversal process and project work as subjects are identified. As a first step, the focus will be on an immediate priority topic which is the management of operational risk.
The project/program manager will have ownership of his/her area from strategizing to day to day management. He/she defines, structures challenges, establishes action plans, and drives momentum in line with stakeholders’ needs.
The project/program manager is managing a 4-person Shared Service dedicated team in charge of operating the procurement tools “business as usual” activities.
The project/program manager will require strong “influencing” skills and “drive” as continuously interacting with various teams or stakeholders over which he/she has no formal authority: OpEx / Group Procurement, Chief Procurement Officers, Group Risk Management, Group Audit, other entities representatives, subject matter experts and communities, external vendors, etc. - in multiple countries.
Flexibility is a prerequisite as the scope of work can vary depending on demand and priorities.
Some visits to entities may be required
Organizational context: Operational Excellence within the Operations Department at AXA Head office GIE. You will report to the OPEX Program director leading the Efficiency team.
The project/program manager must combine technical and soft skills in a global, multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment.
Technical and professional skills
- Strong background in project management in a global environment, ideally familiar with IT
- Familiar with expense control and can understand procurement strategies and associated business stakes
- Experience in working with external partners : capacity to execute related contracts, manage external vendors, translate into operational actions topics related to IT Security and Data Privacy
- English - Fluent in speaking and writing (constant interactions with entities)
- Good interpersonal skills given the high number of stakeholders
- Keen to work in an innovative and changing environment
- Change leadership, promote and drive transformation changes
- Good ability to listen
- Result driven within planning/budget constraints
- Able to work and get results in international teams with no hierarchical structures
- Fluent in English
- 7-10 years professional experience required, preferably within AXA or in another financial services company including at least 3 years of experience in project/program management (IS implementation would be a plus)
- Experience working in an international / multi-cultural environment.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things. In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
The headquarters of the AXA Group, based in Paris 8th, brings together the Group's corporate activities. It coordinates the various entities with the Group's strategy, and is responsible for managing international projects. The headquarters has approximately 800 employees and is distinguished by its strong international culture (39 nationalities).
Would you like to creat new opportunity to your career ? Join us.