To formulate, review and implement policies and procedures within the AXA Underwriting & Claims Philosophy. In doing so, to develop training and quality framework to ensure capability and quality standards are maintained across the Underwriting and claims functions, and implementing support and corrective action where required.
· Ensure appropriate understanding of underwriting strategies and guidelines;
· Oversee the compilation and delivery of Underwriting and claims dashboard;
· Complete analysis of key claim data to identify root causes of loss ratio deterioration, trends and issues in the portfolio and initiate appropriate feedback to relevant parties;
· Work closely with actuarial and product team in product pricing review exercise and raise trends and issues for further management action;
· Provide advice and underwriting approach on product reviews and development
· Provide input to product development to ensure existing issues or potential issues affecting claims experience are communicated and addressed;
· Provide proactive support to underwriting and claims management team to assist in fraud detection, cost containment and training and development initiatives;
· Develop and implement underwriting & claims guidelines and strategies
Conducting quality reviews or coordination review with third party provider
University Graduate – in business, insurance, legal, medical or accounting. Completion or working towards Fellow, Life Management Institute (FLMI), Fellow, Academy of Life Underwriting (FALU) or ANZIFF qualifications
Underwriting and/or Claims experience of at least 10 years
Strong analytical and problem solving skills: data analysis, decision-making
Strong interpersonal skills: ability to influence others, communicate goals and strategies effectively, demonstrate flexibility and active listening
Self-motivated,enthusiastic and outcome focused
Medical – understanding of medical terminology; use of reinsurance manuals and medical references, and the impact of the medical risk on various types of cover
Detailed knowledge of product, including definitions, features and benefits
Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and codes of practice
Project management or participation experience
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
AXA Hong Kong, a member of the AXA Group, prides itself of serving over 1 million customers in Hong Kong and Macau. Besides being one of the largest health protection providers in Hong Kong, it is also the number 1 General Insurance provider1 and a market leader in motor insurance.
AXA Hong Kong is committed to helping its customers achieve stability and prosperity through providing a comprehensive range of life, health, property and casualty protection, as well as wealth management and retirement solutions.
We believe it is our inherent responsibility to support the communities we operate in, hence creating a sustainable business via constant and considerable contribution in the dimensions of health, environment and the community.
1Based on 2013 Office of the Commissioner of Insurance market share statistics
We offer excellent career prospects and attractive remuneration package to the right candidates.