The main mission of the P&C Actuary is to be able to respond to the increasing pricing and underwriting market sophistication, critical to our success.
In this role, the latter leads projects that improve the understanding of our claims costs but also of customer behaviors (building conversion or retention models, etc.).
Acting as a challenging partner towards entities is key in this position.
The P&C Actuary will be in charge of the following activities for his perimeter:
Technical Excellence Management
- Define, update and deploy technical standards and related processes according to Group objectives regarding:
o Technical pricing modelling (segmentation standards, P&C client value…), commercial pricing and offer, distribution and discount management, business steering and portfolio management;
o MI[KJ1] Systems, tools, database architecture;
o Competences and training.
- Identify, validate, industrialise and communicate good practices notably regarding technical expertise of portfolio management and good practices of the competition;
- Identify main areas of improvement according to maturity level
Performance follow-up and country analysis in order to enhance AXA Global P&C’s understanding of local market dynamics and strategic positioning of AXA via:
- Analyse and use of entity report: gather, analyse the entity information and technical reports on Retail such as start-plans, targets, quarterly business reviews, monthly follow-ups, etc.
- Improve the general reporting methods and processes: common KPI’s, quality of the data and dashboards;
- Have regular interactions with the entities:
o News, market trends and competitor’s position analysis;
o Observing norms and standards;
o Progress plan (brain power, tools, organisation, etc.) according to pricing maturity level;
the technical P&C teams by providing an independent and comprehensive
opinion on profitability issues.
Delivery of operational supports to entities on ad-hoc basis
- Carry out punctual missions within local entities;
- Participate in the co-construction and follow-up of the action plan with the entity;
them when needed.
Relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Contribute to the lead of the Retail Community on:
o Train pricing tools;
o Implement Group expertise in the network;
o Manage and develop P&C Retail teams (internally and in the entities);
- Ensure monitoring and reporting of key P&C risks and their potential impacts to management; ensure effective relationships with internal and non-technical teams which take part in the P&C retail business;
- Ensure effective relationships with key stakeholders and participate in industry lobbying groups where relevant.
- Statistical analysis: control;
- P&C business, pricing and products: deep knowledge;
- Strong P&C Retail mathematical skills;
- Experience of Towers Watson software (EMBlem, Classifier, Radar) would be appreciated and deep understanding of statistical methods used within these packages;
- Ability to lead projects to deliver multivariate models;
- Ability to review models built by others;
- Thorough understanding of personal lines products from a pricing perspective;
- Good programming skills in at least one language (SAS, R).
Languages: Fluent English (C1/B2).
- Able to work in a network, with tight deadlines and team spirit;
- Supporting Group experts to contribute to the carry out of diagnostics;
- Able to provide operational support to entities a quick and pertinent in analysing.
- The ideal candidate has worked in an international context and has a proven experience in a P&C retail environment, with marketing to actuary understanding;
- Junior position: up to 3 years of experience;
- Senior position: 4 to 10 years of experience, with a high level of autonomy and ability to propose solutions.
AXA, as one of the world leaders in financial protection, supports and advises its customers in three major business lines: Property & Casualty Insurance, Life & Savings and Asset Management. AXA Global P&C is a dynamic and innovative branch supporting the Group and its entities, which associates the flexibility of a human-sized structure (180 employees) and the power of an internationally-oriented organization. AXA Global P&C includes reinsurance and operational brokerage activity, as well as a cross-functional activity dedicated to the main P&C Business Lines: Retail insurance, Commercial Lines insurance and Claims handling.
The P&C business line is in the core of the new organizational structure of the AXA Group and operates in 20+ territories, with a wide mix of operating models, market shares and stages of development.
Within the P&C business line, the Operations Unit’s ambition is to increase the drive of transformation and technical development of our operations, whilst fostering the development of innovative customer solutions, with a specific focus on “digital” and “data”.