- Monitor and review the retail health underwriting practices of the countries/entities to ensure delivery, adherence & optimization (work with regional operations in this regard) including support on large cases beyond the local UW authority
- Create underwriting practices which demonstrate improved risk selection results in Retail health UW guidelines
- Contribute product/ proposition ideas linked to retail health underwriting to drive top-line growth and protect the bottom line
- Review and revise retail health underwriting guidelines and communicate back to entities
- Liaise with regional & local operations and technical teams for health UW strategy and initiatives relevant to each entity. Adopt and tailor frameworks &/ maturity models for retail health UW
- Develop and implement retail health UW KPI’s (technical and operational) and standards and conduct regular experience reviews in consultation with claims and risk teams
- Lead technical aspects of retail health product development together with Regional Marketing, Distribution, IT, Project Management, and Health Heads
- Provide training frameworks for internal departments and entities for retail health underwriting
- Provide guidance on retail health product strategy and portfolio optimization through ad-hoc portfolio monitoring along with actuaries
- Support on claims case assessment to entities as an when necessary
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Educated to at least degree level proven relevant experience with direct insurance/ reinsurance companies in Asia (Medical Degree is added advantage)
- Minimum 8 years industry underwriting/claims experience. Retail health underwriting experience is an asset
- Strong data and analytical skills and demonstrated proficiency in managing/ reporting portfolio performance, risk analysis, etc.
- Ability to participate in projects in concert with other departmental individuals
- Ability to interpret EKGs, medical reports
- Knowledge of legal / regulatory requirement in underwriting/health sector
- Experience coaching and reviewing cases for less experienced team members is an asset
- Professional presentation, excellent communication and influencing skills
- Self-starter with a drive to succeed is a must
At AXA, we help millions of people around the world by protecting them, their families, belongings, assets, businesses and their future.
We are [one of the top 50 global brands], the first insurance brand and one of the world's leading asset managers, with revenues close to 100 billion euros. We are present in 59 countries and work with 161,000 colleagues to serve 103 million customers worldwide.
We are leading the transformation of our industry and looking for talented individuals to be part of this transformation: individuals who care and who want to work in an environment where trust and inclusion foster innovation.
AXA Asia is a market leading insurance player offering a differentiated composite proposition in Life and General Insurance with operational presence in Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia, China, India, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Thailand. AXA Asia is part of the AXA Group, headquartered in Paris and a worldwide leader in insurance and asset management with a presence in 59 countries. AXA Asia is committed to creating a sustainable, long-term business for our employees, customers and shareholders.