Big data/ Data Modelling
- Manage the development of different predictive models and statistically rigorous advanced model scripts to support data science & analytics initiatives
- Perform advanced analysis using statistical techniques & algorithms to facilitating effective targeting, segmentation, and identification of opportunities around cross-sell / up-sell, retention and marketing program optimization
- Work on Big data projects with both regional team and local team to expand data science discipline into business application spectrum
- Ability to perform the big data analytics processes on massive data sets from different data sources: explanatory and targeted data analyses, generate and test working hypotheses, analyze historical data and identify features & signals
- Captures, tracks and dynamically diagnose models-in-use for effectiveness (e.g. Gradient boosting tree, Random forest etc.)
- Work with business partners and external vendors / partners on acquiring and compiling new external data sources for the enrichment of big data analytics database
- Manage BI solution development and implementation for various MI reporting
- Deliver insights from the data visualization process and to identity business strategies from customer-centric approach
- Analyse existing customer, product and distribution channel data to identify, recommend areas for further improvements
Customer Insights into business application
- Deploy analytics capabilities ranging from organization BI to advanced models to improve ongoing insight generation process and the application of such in business relevant way
- Commercialization of insights from data scientists under a customer-centric, need-based context and turn into strategy to business lines and distribution models
- Turn data into actionable information: provide expert analysis in the area of understanding data values & insights and converting them into business actions
- Ability to successfully convey all valuable insights with business action recommendations to senior management through effective presentation
- Adhoc strategy projects covering regional data & API management, customer segmentation, customer campaigns, business strategy reviews etc.
- Graduate or advanced degree qualifications in quantitative related subjects (e.g. Statistics, Maths, Engineering, Actuarial, etc). PhD or MBA would be an added advantage
- 4-9 years of relevant working experience in data analytics field as statistician / analyst / data scientist
- Good knowledge of predictive modelling, big data analysis, and data science projects: machine learning, statistical modeling, and data mining techniques & algorithms (e.g. logistic regression, linear regression, random forest, neural network, cluster analysis, time series, survival analysis etc.)
- Must have proficiency in scripting/programming language like Python, R, SAS, SQL
- Must have hands on experience on Hadoop, Hue, Spark, HIVE
- Previous exposure to / knowledge of insurance industry will be an asset
- Strong analytical mind with focus on attention to detail
- Proactive and with a can-do attitude
- Good command of English, Cantonese and preferably Mandarin
Assistant Manager /Manager grade offering based on experience level
At AXA, we help millions of people around the world by protecting them, their families, belongings, assets, businesses and their future.
We are one of the top 50 global brands, the first insurance brand and one of the world's leading asset managers, with revenues close to 100 billion euros. We are present in 59 countries and work with 161,000 colleagues to serve 103 million customers worldwide.
We are leading the transformation of our industry and looking for talented individuals to be part of this transformation: individuals who care and who want to work in an environment where trust and inclusion foster innovation.
AXA Hong Kong, a member of the AXA Group, prides itself of serving over 1 million customers in Hong Kong and Macau. Besides being one of the largest health protection providers in Hong Kong, it is also the number 1 General Insurance provider1 and a market leader in motor insurance.
AXA Hong Kong is committed to helping its customers achieve stability and prosperity through providing a comprehensive range of life, health, property and casualty protection, as well as wealth management and retirement solutions.
We believe it is our inherent responsibility to support the communities we operate in, hence creating a sustainable business via constant and considerable contribution in the dimensions of health, environment and the community.
1Based on 2013 Office of the Commissioner of Insurance market share statistics
We offer excellent career prospects and attractive remuneration package to the right candidates.