- Manage daily operations of the dedicated underwriting team
for Financial Intermediaries (FI) & International Business (IB) channel
- Ensuring new business applications receive prompt service
with appropriate technical underwriting
- To underwrite Mass Affluent / High New Worth customer cases
and cases from the above mentioned distribution channels
- To review complicated or appeal cases
- To liaise and negotiate with reinsurers on complicated new
- Assist in overseeing staff issues in relations to staff
acquisition, retention, training and career development of the team members
- To identify training needs of underwriting staff and provide
training where appropriate and cost effective, and evaluate and monitor
standards by way of individual audits
- To provide project support for Underwriting area, advising
specific requirements and impact analysis
- University graduate or above with FLMI or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Life Insurance Underwriting
- Possess medical and underwriting knowledge
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese
- Good interpersonal and people management skills
- Strong ability to assess business priorities and negotiate
with clients accordingly
- PC literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Chinese word
- Experience in underwriting jumbo cases from international
clients is an added advantage
At AXA, we help millions of people around the world by protecting them, their families, belongings, assets, businesses and their future.
We are one of the top 50 global brands, the first insurance brand and one of the world's leading asset managers, with revenues close to 100 billion euros. We are present in 59 countries and work with 161,000 colleagues to serve 103 million customers worldwide.
We are leading the transformation of our industry and looking for talented individuals to be part of this transformation: individuals who care and who want to work in an environment where trust and inclusion foster innovation.
AXA Hong Kong, a member of the AXA Group, prides itself of serving over 1 million customers in Hong Kong and Macau. Besides being one of the largest health protection providers in Hong Kong, it is also the number 1 General Insurance provider1 and a market leader in motor insurance.
AXA Hong Kong is committed to helping its customers achieve stability and prosperity through providing a comprehensive range of life, health, property and casualty protection, as well as wealth management and retirement solutions.
We believe it is our inherent responsibility to support the communities we operate in, hence creating a sustainable business via constant and considerable contribution in the dimensions of health, environment and the community.
1Based on 2013 Office of the Commissioner of Insurance market share statistics
We offer excellent career prospects and attractive remuneration package to the right candidates.