Corporate Responsibility in action
At AXA, we are proving our commitment to Corporate Responsibility by putting it into action every day. Below you will find a small but diverse selection of AXA's CR actions, from philanthropy to responsible investment, microinsurance to employee well-being programs, responsible claims management to reducing our environmental footprint. Find out from these examples why Corporate Responsibility is both about what we do and how we do it...
Energy efficiency targets achieved
Direct footprint management
AXA Australia has set itself a goal to reduce its electricity consumption by 20 per cent, water usage by 10 per cent and office paper consumption by 2.5 per cent by the end of 2009, with a 2006 baseline year. These targets have been achieved one year ahead of schedule. Initiatives which contributed to this success included the relocation of offices to more energy efficient buildings, the introduction of combined printer / copier / scanner / fax machines which save energy, and numerous campaigns to raise environmental awareness among employees. A new set of targets is being developed.
- Environmental buildings acquisition policy
- Brazil applies the « 4Rs » of environmental management
- CO2 emissions threshold on company cars, environmental targets in profit-sharing agreement
- Germany thoroughly investigates its headquarters' energy consumption
- CO2 criteria in profit sharing agreement
- Quantitative environmental targets
- Towards a light carbon footprint
- Comprehensive environmental management strategy
- Energy efficiency targets achieved