Corporate Responsibility in action
At AXA, we are proving our commitment to Corporate Responsibility by putting it into action every day. Below you will find a small but diverse selection of AXA's CR actions, from philanthropy to responsible investment, microinsurance to employee well-being programs, responsible claims management to reducing our environmental footprint. Find out from these examples why Corporate Responsibility is both about what we do and how we do it...
Towards a light carbon footprint
Direct footprint management
Reducing the carbon footprint has become part of every day life at AXA Business Services: through transports - by reducing the number and the size of company vehicles ; in energy savings - using compact fluorescent lamps and motion sensors that automatically switch lights and appliances off when there is no activity detected, but also installing solar panels on the buildings, and reducing waste as well. Empty batteries and used printer cartridges are disposed only at government authorised centres and in-house printing tends to disappear - even the in-house magazines have moved to an electronic format.
- Environmental buildings acquisition policy
- Brazil applies the « 4Rs » of environmental management
- CO2 emissions threshold on company cars, environmental targets in profit-sharing agreement
- Germany thoroughly investigates its headquarters' energy consumption
- CO2 criteria in profit sharing agreement
- Quantitative environmental targets
- Towards a light carbon footprint
- Comprehensive environmental management strategy
- Energy efficiency targets achieved